“Found” Sick Rescue Leopard

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
You were gifted a sick tortoise, and providing great care. You need to do what you feel is best. I appreciate you taking care of Molly!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
No- AC does not know...only my “accomplice” who won’t be implicating herself. Still nervous...
I'm still reading about getting a tort. I have much to learn. As far as the animal abuser (s) go, I would go nowhere near them, & I'd tell AC not to reveal my identity to them.

If you don't know otherwise, i'd check out state & local animal rescue laws & regulations. Since you have torts already, & AC can verify by an inspection that you take good care of them, you should be okay as a mom. However, some states have very strict rules about who can rescue & care for the abused animal(s).

Just my thoughts. Thank you for rescuing Molly & taking her to the vet. The cruelty to animals is appalling!!

Reactions: Ink

Gotro17

California
Thanks everyone... AC came out and told the person helping the situation that the man had been investigated before and was currently not allowed to own animals. The three dogs he has Are registered under his mother, who lives with him. The officer that came out said that now the challenge is trying to get the animals away from him without him suing them. ? Gotta love California!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Apparently Molly has not been mentioned as being lost or stolen. At least the "tortoise saver" is notifying you. I am still concerned about the other tortoises getting proper care.

Gotro17

California
Apparently Molly has not been mentioned as being lost or stolen. At least the "tortoise saver" is notifying you. I am still concerned about the other tortoises getting proper care.
Me too but I can’t go over there...?

Gotro17

California

i’ve already put a call into the animal shelter letting them know that we would adopt the other two once they rehabilitate them if they are sick as well. Good Golly Miss Molly is in our temporary hospital cage that serves chickens, tortoises and anything else that comes our way. It is about 80° in the sun here in Southern California so I’m gonna let her enjoy the outdoors for a while until we need to leave...She is munching on grass quite happily and is moving around a lot. All great signs we got to her in time!

Attachments

• A8BCB1E6-7224-4A78-8572-F136606B7A01.jpeg
    A8BCB1E6-7224-4A78-8572-F136606B7A01.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • D6EC9A3C-0B73-425C-86C9-2E3B2C3DE079.jpeg
    D6EC9A3C-0B73-425C-86C9-2E3B2C3DE079.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank goodness you rescued her, don't feel guilty the owner probably even won't notice she's gone.
She is in a much better place now and has a chance of a longer healthier life.
I'd be tempted to report the owner to whatever animal rescue organisations you have there so that the others can be saved too.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'd be tempted to report the owner to whatever animal rescue organisations you have there so that the others can be saved too.
.......read on and seen that someone has!
Great!!!

Gotro17

California
I know cukes aren’t on the “good list” but I put her vitamins on it and using it to help hydrate her more. I also sprinkled moistened grassland pellets on it for good measure... Go, Miss Molly... go!

Attachments

• F8284905-E176-4305-8932-41F55FCC601D.jpeg
    F8284905-E176-4305-8932-41F55FCC601D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I know cukes aren’t on the “good list” but I put her vitamins on it and using it to help hydrate her more. I also sprinkled moistened grassland pellets on it for good measure... Go, Miss Molly... go!
Sneaky she might catch on when she only gets cakes with sprinkles!

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello: I thought I would also suggest you sprinkle NutriBac df, a probiotic, onto her greens. This will help to re-establish her gut flora. When animals must take antibiotics they are at risk for the antibiotic to also kill all the good bacteria throughout her gut. These good bacterial strains help the tortoise to digest their food and make proper vitamins and amino acids required for good health. I use probiotics periodically even with my healthy tortoises. You can order it online.

Ms Molly is one lucky girl and you will be rewarded with a very nice tortoise. She has a really nice round shell, so she had a good start somewhere. Keep up the good work.

Jeanette