1 year old Horsefield doesn't spend much time in his lights

cpl1307

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire
My 1 year old Horsefield doesn't seem to spend alot of time in his lighting. He basks but not for long. He's more interested in digging in his hide and I'm worried he's not getting the light he needs. I use t5 12% uvb and floodlight basking uva.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just be sure the temps are correct and not too hot. 75-80 over all with basking of 95-100.
80% humidity.
They don't need a lot of uvb in a day. Babies do a lot of hiding/sleeping. Adding some plants fake or real for coverage may make him feel safer to be out. If you use fake, be sure he doesn't try to eat them.

cpl1307

Lancashire
Just be sure the temps are correct and not too hot. 75-80 over all with basking of 95-100.
80% humidity.
They don't need a lot of uvb in a day. Babies do a lot of hiding/sleeping. Adding some plants fake or real for coverage may make him feel safer to be out. If you use fake, be sure he doesn't try to eat them.
The heat is spot on and he's quite sociable to honest, he just loves digging in his hide. When I put his food in, he comes straight out and over to you. 80 humidity day and night? Should I spray his bark chippings?