11 month old Cherry Head size, weight?

SMK

Location (City and/or State)
Greater NYC area
What's your husbandry like because that's an incredibly slow rate of growth? If your tort only put on 50g in 9 months something must be off. My Cherry head went from 32gs when hatched to 400gs in the first year.
400 grams at one year? My cherry head is just reaching 400 now at 2 years and 4 months old.

SMK

Greater NYC area
Normal to me would be 175-200 grams at a year, and just over 4”. 400g in a year is huge. That’s like Tom’s and Dean’s 4-pound yearling sulcatas.
This is what I’ve read as well.

There was a breeder I used to follow on YouTube, Earnest Johnson, and he boasted of the vibrant health and beauty of his red foots.

His two year olds would be just shy of 4 inches and about 200 grams.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
400 grams at one year? My cherry head is just reaching 400 now at 2 years and 4 months old.
Ya, 870 grams now at 1 year and 10 months. I guess mine is just big for it's age.

• Wow
Reactions: SMK

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
@Toddrickfl1 when did you know Marge was a "she", was it any earlier because she is larger?
I'm only hoping she's a she, I don't know for sure yet. I do know she was incubated for female. Murphy started developing male traits when he was about the same size as Marge is now. Marge is still looking female so far. If she does turn into a male she'll become "Monte" ?

Zoeclare

Uk
I'm only hoping she's a she, I don't know for sure yet. I do know she was incubated for female. Murphy started developing male traits when he was about the same size as Marge is now. Marge is still looking female so far. If she does turn into a male she'll become "Monte" ?
Thank you! I am getting impatient to know if Nitro is a boy or girl, guess I have at least another year to wait for flashing! Something about the tail says male to me.