11 month old Horsefield Tortoise

PennyF1984

Location (City and/or State)
Rochester, Kent.
Hi All,

I’m a newbie tortoise owner so sorry in advance if I’m asking a silly question.

Our little Leo is roughly 11 months old. He lives in a tortoise table in our living room.

Over the last week he/she hasn’t been eating at all and is sleeping A LOT! I would say all the time unless I wake him. Leo loved his/her little bedroom but hasn’t been in there for over a week and today while bathing him/her I noticed he/she wasn’t opening their eyes.

So, what I want to know is…..is this normal? His temperature for his basking lamp seems normal and I’ve been trying all different foods to tempt him but he turns away from it if I put him near the food.

I called a vet near us today but they weren’t helpful at all. They told me their books were closed for new amimals and to google it. They are the only exotic vet anywhere near us 😫

Any advice will be greatly received.

Thank you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Read the link I posted above
We need to know your exact temps, not what they seem to be.
He also should be in a closed chamber enclosure.
This is not normal unless he is trying to brumate which you need to not let him do at this point. Next year he can brumate if you read and learn the proper way to do it.
For now he needs temps that do not go below 70 day and night and needs it brightly lit during the day and dark at night. He also needs a 95-100 basking area.

Reactions: Ink