15 year old hermanns neglected

Frag

Location (City and/or State)
RG42 4HU
Hello, my name is Chris and am asking if anyone one help me please. i am in need of someone within a sensible distance to binfield rg42 4hu to nurse my 15 year old hermanns back to health. i can't stand typing so if anyone thinks they can help please send me you number so i can call you to talk in person and explain myself.this is a matter of urgency to me.

Frag

RG42 4HU
Hello, my name is Chris and am asking if anyone one help me please. i am in need of someone within a sensible distance to binfield rg42 4hu to nurse my 15 year old hermanns back to health. i can't stand typing so if anyone thinks they can help please send me you number so i can call you to talk in person and explain myself.this is a matter of urgency to me.07462663851

Frag

RG42 4HU
i cant do typing it drives me mental. please drop me a text and ill call you straight back.i am a 1 finger typist.

Frag

RG42 4HU
i cant do typing it drives me mental. please drop me a text and ill call you straight back.i am a 1 finger typist.

ok .my wife fell ill in the middle of march and passed away on the 2nd of april this year. during this period and up until about a fortnight ago i failed in my duty of care to my tortoise. left inside.not fed or watered properly in a busy little home.torty was my 40th present from my wife.googled lots got nowhere and tonight while looking again decided a forum would solve my problems.i know i've been **** and now need help.might be ill,might be weak,dehydrated i just don't know.i know a vet will do their best but even so i have no way of paying the fees until 2 weeks away.but i would rather an experienced tortoise loving person who would not hesitate to help my tortoise with years of knowledge take torty and give him/her what is needed.
Torty doesn't move from where placed
keeps eyes shut until i put her in the sun
opens mouth wide quite a lot
looks like going lighter green on forearms and under neck
doesn't eat.
has ok shell.
drinks when put in a warm bath.
That's it.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
What kind of tortoise is Torty? Also what is binfield rg42 4hu? I have no idea what that means, is that an address?

daniellenc

Maryland
Your tortoise sounds very sick and probably has a respiratory infection. I’d keep him very warm 80-85 all the time, soak daily in warm water to remain hydrated for 30 minutes, and cross your fingers he makes it until you can get to a vet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Using a large bowl or tub with tall sides but a small footprint, add enough warm water to come up to the middle of his sides. Leave him soaking for about 30 or 40 minutes, but check frequently to make sure he hasn't tipped over on his back. You can position a lamp over AN EDGE of the tub to help keep the water warm.

If you know a vet who will prescribe without seeing the tortoise, you can purchase Terramycin water soluble powder online, but it needs a prescription.

If you can get it, you add a quarter teaspoon of the powder per each quart of water.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thats a UK zipcode..

RG42 4HU
Postal code in Binfield, England

I’m guessing Hermanns, since he posted into this section of the Forum.
Oh gotcha, I sometimes don't pay attention where it was posted, I usually just go to "new posts" I hope somebody on the forum is close by that can help :(