18 year old Male Russian Tortoise SoCal

alyssa_rosa

Location (City and/or State)
CA
My Russian tortoise friend, named Tootsie, has been in my life since I was just a kid.
I’m considering letting him become adopted to someone who may have more time and availability to give him a happier life.
I’m also a young adult and may be moving and going to graduate school somewhere eventually and might not be able to bring him. I know if I were to leave him at home, my family wouldn’t be able to give him the proper care.

my mom is keen on finding him a new home and has found a man who has built 2 by 4 foot enclosure himself for a tortoise. They have heating, lighting, and seem to be willing to dedicate care to Tootsie.
In my heart I’m not sure if I will regret it but I know I won’t if my tortoise will be happier there long term.

I am wondering if there is anyone on here near me who may be an even more fitting tortoise keeper. I just want him to go somewhere he will be taken care of for the rest of his life.
I live in Southern California near the Corona/Norco/Chino/Eastvale/Riverside area but am willing to drive further.
Please let me know if anyone here is very savy about Russian tortoises. I wouldn’t ask for money for him, just a great home.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
The minimum size enclosure for an adult Russian Tortoise is 4 feet x 8 feet. I hope you find a wonderful home for Tootsie.

alyssa_rosa

CA
My Russian tortoise friend, named Tootsie, has been in my life since I was just a kid.
I’m considering letting him become adopted to someone who may have more time and availability to give him a happier life.
I’m also a young adult and may be moving and going to graduate school somewhere eventually and might not be able to bring him. I know if I were to leave him at home, my family wouldn’t be able to give him the proper care.

my mom is keen on finding him a new home and has found a man who has built 2 by 4 foot enclosure himself for a tortoise. They have heating, lighting, and seem to be willing to dedicate care to Tootsie.
In my heart I’m not sure if I will regret it but I know I won’t if my tortoise will be happier there long term.

I am wondering if there is anyone on here near me who may be an even more fitting tortoise keeper. I just want him to go somewhere he will be taken care of for the rest of his life.
I live in Southern California near the Corona/Norco/Chino/Eastvale/Riverside area but am willing to drive further.
Please let me know if anyone here is very savy about Russian tortoises. I wouldn’t ask for money for him, just a great home.
Update: I consider them to be a great home for Tootsie so I will be letting them adopt him :)