~1yr old Redfoot Tortoise for adoption in MA

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
A friend of a friend is looking to rehome her daughters redfoot Pickle and I was the nearest tortoise lady, She is in northern MA. Basically her daughter is too young to take care of the animal and they are looking for the best home possible.

I don't know much about the enclosure or general equipment but they are willing to rehome her with everything - to the right person. They will need to provide proof of a good setup and knowledge on taking care of tortoises.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
A friend of a friend is looking to rehome her daughters redfoot Pickle and I was the nearest tortoise lady, She is in northern MA. Basically her daughter is too young to take care of the animal and they are looking for the best home possible.

I don't know much about the enclosure or general equipment but they are willing to rehome her with everything - to the right person. They will need to provide proof of a good setup and knowledge on taking care of tortoises.
Please be very careful as some bad guys will get your animal and sell or eat or...check up on anyone who makes you an offer. I would want to know will you ship? Is money involved? Can you show photos? Be patient

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Please be very careful as some bad guys will get your animal and sell or eat or...check up on anyone who makes you an offer. I would want to know will you ship? Is money involved? Can you show photos? Be patient
Agreed. We won't just give them to anybody.

There is no money involved, we just need to verify they are going to a good home.
I don't think shipping is an option, ideally somewhere in MA would be great, or even border states depending.

I asked for photos of the tort and their enclosure, still waiting.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Here are some pictures of Pickle and their enclosure (uploading these pics to this thread in particular is a huge pain in the butt!! Not sure if it's only for Adoptions but I don't remember it being this difficult):

Her setup is not ideal so I would suggest something like a plastic bin with holes cut on top for the lighting. Gaps can be covered with tin foil.

She needs a lot more humidity which is why the current enclosure doesn't work at all. If anyone is interested I am happy to help set up and advise.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Wow poor thing. That is not nearly enough space...