2.1.1 eastern hermann's tortoise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I know, but they were supposed to be there at like 2:30 this afternoon.....:( I want to go get them myself so they don't have to be in that stupid box all night. I would feel better if I knew they were there and in their new home. I wish I had more confidence in the shipper but after all my bad experiences with shipping and horror stories I have heard about shippinh, all I can think is I should have never done it:(. thank you for trying to make me feel better though, I really appreciate it.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Awww... well since I can't make you more at ease, then all I can do is... HUGSSSSSSSSSSS! :)

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
:D:D They are there and they are fine!!! YAY! I am so happy. They were delayed again but finally made it. Anja says they were warm and very stinky, they all decided it would be a good idea to go potty in transit:rolleyes:. LOL I am so relieved and apparently so are they. HAHA
Thank you Anja and Kelly for giving my babies good homes!! I look forward to seeing pics of them as they grow and breed!!:)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Barbie69, I am glad the little ones made it safe and sound. You'll be able to sleep better knowing they are safe and warm. As I am sure so will Anja and Kelly. Congrats on your new additions girls. And we all know how hard it must be for you to give them up. You are a good tort mom. And I'm sure you will be again when the time is right.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Yup they finally made it in at 6:15 and we picked them up at the Delta cargo office as soon as they came over from the plane. Big girl is apparently ready for St Pattys Day, her poo stained her green! I scrubbed what I could off of her and soaked her but as you can see she is still green. lol

Thanks again Ann :)

Attachments

• herms 009.jpg
    herms 009.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 15
  • herms 021.jpg
    herms 021.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 13

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
LOL The green poo is from the rep-cal tortoise food in case anyone else was wondering. She is perfectly healthy and she LOVES that food. It is little round colorful pellets and you can moisten them with fruit juice or water and it smells like fruit. As soon as I open the food container they all lift their heads and come running:p! LOL It is really cute. I gave them that because I do not always have time to get fresh greens with my schedule and it seems to be fairly healthy for them.
I am heading down to clear out their cage today since I am snowed in. I am sure it will be sad not to have them there with me but I know they have good homes now:). Anja is keeping my "special" little male and the female of course and Kelley is getting the baby. The big female was Tinkerbelle here and the the adult males were Tom(big one) and Jerry(little one). When you decide on names let me know, I will be watching them from afar;).

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
:) Happy happy!

Barbie, I'm naming the baby Dasani!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I kinda figured that might be what she had eaten, I nearly died laughing when I pulled her out of the bag and saw how bright green it was. :) I scrubbed her with a brush and got what I could off but her face and legs are pretty stained.

The large male will be going to Danny in the near future since I already have two males plus your little special male. My son will be coming up with a name for the special boy and he will probably pretty much become his tortoise. ;) The girl should be ready to breed next season.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Tom it is :D Don't think there is any need to change that. He's got a girlfriend all set for him. ;) My male couldn't seem to service 2 females last year, so all of one females eggs were infertile. Tom's bigger than my male, so I'm sure he'll do fine.
Hopefully be plenty of his hatchlings on the forum this summer. :D

Danny

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Woohoo, Tom is going to good hands!

Okay people, so I just realized... I need to know what a hatchling Hermann's needs as far as lights, temps, feeding schedule, space requirements at that tiny size, etc!!! Set me up, people!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I have Dasani set up in a 32qt sweater box right now. Either one of those or one of the concrete mixing pans would be perfect for the little tyke for quite a while.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
I am so happy everyone has a GREAT home!!:D
I love that Tom is keeping his name and I think he is such a horn dog you will have lots of fertile eggs in no time;)! LOL
Dasani is a wonderful name and it will be fitting no matter if she is a boy or girl!:)
I can't believe how green she is but at least she is dressed for the holiday! haha
You are all so awesome, thanks for everything!!..and keep the pics coming!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.