2 African Sulcatas for Sale/Rehoming

Tortlex

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
Hello all,

My name is Alex and I currently live in the Phoenix Arizona area. We have two 5-year old female sulcatas that I need to find a permanent home for as soon as possible. I would love for them to go to someone here in Arizona. They are amazing tortoises, very friendly and well mannered as I have raised them since they were hatchlings. Our yard is simply too small at this point for the size at which they have grown. I am very sad to have to post this to have them rehomed because I absolutely love these tortoises, but I am concerned about their well-being and being able to roam freely on a much larger property to someone that wants to take care of them.

These two are incredible, they come out to see you every time you are outside. They are not shy and they are not scared easily because they are so used to people. I have taken great care of them since they were hatchlings and I simply want them to live a great life with a caring owner who has the space for them. I will be posting pictures shortly after this post with sizes and weights of these two females. I would love to meet up with someone in Arizona to get them to their new home because I feel that shipping them at this point may be quite a challenge due to their size.

Please feel free to PM me if interested. I really hope that a really caring tortoise owner takes these two from me so they can have great lives!

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I’m sure someone will be along soon! Sorry you are going though this, may we have some pics please?

Tortlex

Phoenix, AZ
Here are some of the pictures I will be posting of them. These two are part of the same clutch, and are both the same age. As you can see, one is dominant and much larger than the other. They have no problem living together in the same space. They have never shown any signs of aggression towards one another.

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Hello all,

My name is Alex and I currently live in the Phoenix Arizona area. We have two 5-year old female sulcatas that I need to find a permanent home for as soon as possible. I would love for them to go to someone here in Arizona. They are amazing tortoises, very friendly and well mannered as I have raised them since they were hatchlings. Our yard is simply too small at this point for the size at which they have grown. I am very sad to have to post this to have them rehomed because I absolutely love these tortoises, but I am concerned about their well-being and being able to roam freely on a much larger property to someone that wants to take care of them.

These two are incredible, they come out to see you every time you are outside. They are not shy and they are not scared easily because they are so used to people. I have taken great care of them since they were hatchlings and I simply want them to live a great life with a caring owner who has the space for them. I will be posting pictures shortly after this post with sizes and weights of these two females. I would love to meet up with someone in Arizona to get them to their new home because I feel that shipping them at this point may be quite a challenge due to their size.

Please feel free to PM me if interested. I really hope that a really caring tortoise owner takes these two from me so they can have great lives!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here are some of the pictures I will be posting of them. These two are part of the same clutch, and are both the same age. As you can see, one is dominant and much larger than the other. They have no problem living together in the same space. They have never shown any signs of aggression towards one another.

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3
The fact that one is bigger tells the story. If they had each been living in their own territory they would be the same size.

Tortlex

Phoenix, AZ
The fact that one is bigger tells the story. If they had each been living in their own territory they would be the same size.
Hello Yvonne! Yes you are correct. :)

I am not sure if you remember me, but you took the small hatching sulcata with the aberrant scutes from me a couple years back or so. I shipped him to you. The little guy was an interesting case, he needed some special care. I don't think he made it in the long run but it was definitely worth getting him to you to try to give him a good home.

Hope all is well with you and your torts!

Tortlex

Phoenix, AZ
Okay some more additional info on these 2 beauties...

Copper is the larger female, she weighs approximately 42 pounds. She measures 18 inches long by 13 inches wide.

Einstein is the smaller female, she weighs approximately 17 pounds. She measures 13 inches long by 9 inches wide.

Here are some additional pictures of the 2 Sulcatas I am trying to find a nice home for...

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

San Diego
Your sulcatas look great, wish I could take one in but I'm out here in Southern California. Hope you can find them some great homes!

Thel

Az
If you need a forever home please let me know I'm on a acre and half ..

Tortlex

Phoenix, AZ
I almost had these beauties to a great home on an acre lot, but the person changed their mind because they were unsure about caring for them. It came down to the person not having experience with sulcatas. That's okay, it wasn't meant to be.

That being said, they are still available to anyone that might want these two. I am hoping for an owner that has a large amount of space for them and is willing to take care of them. Please feel free to message me or comment!

jjmellor44

Oreland, Pennsylvania
Hello all,

Are you still looking for a home for your ladies? I am interested.

Thel

Az
Would love to give them a forever home

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sorry you have to part with them but please make sure they go to long term members who are well known. That way you can make sure they are going to good homes and you can keep in touch to see how they are doing.