2 Female Red Foot Tortoises

AB2017

Location (City and/or State)
Avondale
Hi,

Can someone please help me?
So, I have a 5 inch (carapace length) long female red foot tortoise, that will be residing in a 5x3 ft enclosure. I want to rescue a 6 inch (carapace length) long female red foot tortoise, that has a great personality and a damaged shell. I want to know if its possible to put these two girls in the same enclosure? I know I will need more space in the future and additional hides/food bowls, but is there any reason why I shouldn't put them together? I'm restricted on indoor space, but I would love to rescue this sweet little girl. I just don't want my current tortoise to be hurt or permanently stressed.

Please help!!

jeannettep

Texas
Most say that no 2 tortoises should live together. Perhaps a divider could be put in the habitat so each will have their own area. I have heard of groups of red foots when theres no male. So if theres plenty of room. I have mine outside. It would be really nice of you to rescue her.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Hi,

Can someone please help me?
So, I have a 5 inch (carapace length) long female red foot tortoise, that will be residing in a 5x3 ft enclosure. I want to rescue a 6 inch (carapace length) long female red foot tortoise, that has a great personality and a damaged shell. I want to know if its possible to put these two girls in the same enclosure? I know I will need more space in the future and additional hides/food bowls, but is there any reason why I shouldn't put them together? I'm restricted on indoor space, but I would love to rescue this sweet little girl. I just don't want my current tortoise to be hurt or permanently stressed.

Please help!!
Tortoises should not be kept in pairs, if you wish to rescue a new one I would build a new enclosure. 5x3 will not be big enough for 2.