2 food question for red foots

Covey88

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Two items I have questions about. I want to plant these for my out door enclosure Japanese hardy banana plant (
Common NameJapanese banana, hardy fiber banana
Plant TypeHerbaceous perennial
https://www.thespruce.com/growing-profile-japanese-banana-3269336 ) I want to feed the leafs. I have found normal banana leafs are ok but I can't grow those in Ohio lol.

Also I was gifted a container of T-Rex box turtle dry formula. Is this safe for them to eat?

Attachments

• IMG_20211112_060600337.jpg
    IMG_20211112_060600337.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Two items I have questions about. I want to plant these for my out door enclosure Japanese hardy banana plant (
Common NameJapanese banana, hardy fiber banana
Plant TypeHerbaceous perennial
https://www.thespruce.com/growing-profile-japanese-banana-3269336 ) I want to feed the leafs. I have found normal banana leafs are ok but I can't grow those in Ohio lol.

Also I was gifted a container of T-Rex box turtle dry formula. Is this safe for them to eat?
You shouldn't have any problems with either of those. The box turtle food probably has a lot of protein, so I'd make it more of an occasional thing.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Well, if these are like our "regular" tropical type bananas, I can say that even though the leaves are edible, Redfoot don't like them.
I have two different types of bananas growing and also a Plantain plant. My RF group couldn't care less about the leaves.
The pellets you could use a bit with an otherwise varied diet
Variety is key.

Covey88

5 Year Member
Ohio
thank you for the fast response, these would just be items to add more variety to the diet. Looks like when summer comes I will plant on and see if he likes it, if not it'll at least be good for shade and look cool in the yard.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
thank you for the fast response, these would just be items to add more variety to the diet. Looks like when summer comes I will plant on and see if he likes it, if not it'll at least be good for shade and look cool in the yard.
They grow quickly and easily in the right climate.
In fact they're hard to kill.
You can chop down a Banana plant flush with the ground with a machete and within a few months itll completely return