2 heads, 5 legs and it's a Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
If they are sulcatas, their feet are under developed.
It's hard to tell, is there six toes on the one front foot?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think they're so cute! I just love stuff like this. I wonder which one of them the middle leg belongs to. I hope they make it too, but I can't imagine a full grown, two headed sulcata. Can you just see all the fights going on to decide which way to go?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I found it sad myself. I have seen some full grown RES with 2 heads both in pictures and in photo. But a 2 headed sulcata could present a lot of problems.

And the news people are mean for making fun of it, good story though.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I feel sad for them, but at the same time a bit intrigued with them.

moswen

5 Year Member
I know it's a bit late to be posting on this thread lol, but I feel like that article was very under-represented (is that a word lol?) it gives no scientific information on how this could happen, background info on incubation, hatch-mates, parents, any other deformities that did or did not occur in the past from the same parents.... It didn't even say if the foot inbetween is mobile or not. Very disappointed in the information that was covered in this article. I definitely wanted to see a carpace shot too.

Anyways, also, it looks like the stage-right head is much more developed than the stage-left head. I wonder if that one will continue to develop, or if it's just going to look that way forever?

Interesting! Kinda sad, I wonder if "they" will feel different or of the other sullies in their herd (if it is kept with others) will know they are different and pick on them and chase them off all the time? Like in real mammal herds in the wild? I would feel sorry for the little guys and keep them separate so they would never have to suffer that fate.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
I too find it rather sad...poor little thing. I hope it makes it and I hope people have it that will learn/know how to properly care for it!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.