2 Leos and 4 reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Even if this guy did raise them himself. Aren't there a lot around that age and older that look just as bad. The info back then isn't what it is today. I get the healthy part, but if that's how they were mostly raised a few years back or so, would he even know that it is unhealthy? Just saying, because this is why, when I email some of these CL ads, to give them some advice, this is the reason I am very nice about it. Not accusing of bad care. So many of them did not know their tortoise was not being cared for in the correct way and did not know it was unhealthy because of it. Granted, they maybe just covering up for their stupidity, but I have gotten more Thank you's for the info and help then I have gotten, told to mind my own business. I thinks most never knew they were told the wrong thing.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Redfootedboxturtles said:
Are you in the same area as this guy? I am down in florida and can rehab these torts. I would like to see what he would like to get and maybe work something out to get them down here.

I am close....if I can help let know

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
The leo's look the worst. It's a weird angle, but you can still see how they are almost flat. The growth between the 3rd and 4th vertabral scutes on both tortoises looks like it collapsed, on the left hand tortoise you can see that the tips of those scutes are almost touching. Actually, the whole back end on the leopards and even on some of the redfoots looks like it has collapsed. Obviously, you can't really diagnose MDB from pictures, but those are pretty good indicators that the tortoises suffer, or at least did, from MBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.