2 male desert tortoises for adoption Los Angeles

Tanyabobanya

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hello all,
This is hard for me to do because I love these two, but am overwhelmed at the same time. I have 2 male desert tortoises, about 6 years old, brothers, I’ve had since they were born and would like to find homes for them. 2 males shouldn’t be kept together and will fight (which they have) so I’d like to find separate adoptees. If anyone is looking. Their names are Dribble and Free. I’ll post photos in a second. Thanks,
Tanya

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
How big are they?

I have a big backyard so i could divide it in half.
Lives in Torrance California.
I could pick up tomorrow just one or both.

Let me know if you are interested and with your contact information

mao83515

Hello all,
This is hard for me to do because I love these two, but am overwhelmed at the same time. I have 2 male desert tortoises, about 6 years old, brothers, I’ve had since they were born and would like to find homes for them. 2 males shouldn’t be kept together and will fight (which they have) so I’d like to find separate adoptees. If anyone is looking. Their names are Dribble and Free. I’ll post photos in a second. Thanks,
Tanya

Hi, Tanya

Are your desert tortoises still available? If so. i would like to adopt one. I am in So Cal.

Tanyabobanya

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I’m waiting to hear back from one person so I’ll keep you posted!
Tanya

Tanyabobanya

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Hi, Tanya

Are your desert tortoises still available? If so. i would like to adopt one. I am in So Cal.

Hi, I’m waiting to hear back from someone who was interested so I’ll keep you posted..
Tanya

nhong

5 Year Member
I'm also interested if the others don't work out. I'm in OC. Thanks.

Tanyabobanya

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Sorry I’ve been lagging in all ways. I have not placed them with homes yet but will keep you all posted thank you!

dustin brassell

Salem Alabama
We have plenty of space in central Alabama and are willing to pay shipping, of he's still available. Give me a call at 3347403823

Tanyabobanya

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Good to know. I’m going to hold out a tiny bit longer for someone local but if all else fails I’ll let you know. Thank you!
Tanya

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We have plenty of space in central Alabama and are willing to pay shipping, of he's still available. Give me a call at 3347403823
It is illegal to ship desert tortoises out of their home state. Both the shipper and the person receiving the shipment would be subject to a HEFTY FINE!

Tanyabobanya

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Good to know. I wouldn’t ship a tortoise anywhere anyhow. I’m looking for safe and experienced homes in or near my area. They are well taken care of by me, I’m just in over my head with 3 of them. No shipping ?

Minority2

Tortoise Hell

You were just informed about California desert tortoises laws in a similar thread not that long ago.

Oops. Just noticed the timestamp on your latest message. Sent this reply too early without taking that into considerations. My apologies for misunderstanding.

Ggarrett76

Palm Desert, CA
Hello all,
Tanya
Just moved to palm desert (native area) with a huge yard all walled in by cement blocks if you haven’t found a home yet for one of them. Thanks!

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Just moved to palm desert (native area) with a huge yard all walled in by cement blocks if you haven’t found a home yet for one of them. Thanks!
Hope you know they are burrowers with tunnels reaching 6 to 8 feet. So it could go under the wall. But as long as it's not that hot or too cold, it should be okay

Ggarrett76

Palm Desert, CA
Hope you know they are burrowers with tunnels reaching 6 to 8 feet. So it could go under the wall. But as long as it's not that hot or too cold, it should be okay
Totally do. The topography of the area is such that the walls are built starting from a 4-5 foot base underground and then raising up the 6 feet above ground. Plenty of shade, and their own golf cart garage with outside access during the winter months and too hot summer days ?