2 Male Sulcatas for Good Home

Zeropest

5 Year Member
Las Vegas
I have 2 Male juveniles, looking for a good home for them. One Male Tory, was purchased at Exotic Pets. Ken took the tortoise back as it was it being cared for. We have had him for 8 years. They are very spoiled, eat grass pellets, Dandelion, Collard Greens, and squash.
Second Male Freddie, we have had 7 years. He was another rescue from an abusive situation. A dog had chewed portions of his shell. Nutrition was also a factor with Freddie. Because Freddie was wanting to escape his poor care, all the spurs on his front legs were worn off.
Both were chipped and had regular vet visits. They are characters and would like to see them stay together. Again they were not cared for properly and have pyramiding and other issues.
My wife and I can no longer keep them as we live in an apartment.

Location (City and/or State)
Starkville,MS
Zeropest, I’m looking for a couple of Sulcatas. I have a Petting Farm with a large amount of acreage. I live in Northeast MS. Where are you Located? What is your adoption fee.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
While they may seem like friends, they should definitely be going to either separate homes, or to a home that will keep them separate. Tortoises are solitary, territorial animals that are not capable of making friends. They only see other tortoises as mates, combatants, or both, and it is extremely stressful for them to be together.

Zeropest

5 Year Member
While they may seem like friends, they should definitely be going to either separate homes, or to a home that will keep them separate. Tortoises are solitary, territorial animals that are not capable of making friends. They only see other tortoises as mates, combatants, or both, and it is extremely stressful for them to be together.
The only issue we have ever had with them is when 1 wants to get into the others hide. We have had them separated and they freak out looking for each other. I am sure after a time they would adjust, but they eat together, UV together, even match around together.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
The only issue we have ever had with them is when 1 wants to get into the others hide. We have had them separated and they freak out looking for each other. I am sure after a time they would adjust, but they eat together, UV together, even match around together.

Them being together all the time is one tortoise trying to stress the other out of its territory, also called crowding. If they truely did not mind each other, they would never be around each other. All of the “following” and “basking together” they did was actually aggression and very stressful for both.

When you had them separated, they were likely just trying to get back to their old territory. Tortoises don’t do well with change.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be cautious of new members that just joined to answer freebie threads. A lot of them want a free tortoise so they can then sell it.

Starkville,MS
Not going to resell. I’m not sure how I can prove my character. Look at my Facebook page maybe? Some kind of references?
It takes a pretty big area to take care of these older tortoises. I have a good home to offer.
I explained about my farm on the introduction thread. I raise livestock and am starting a petting farm. My integrity means a lot to me. It would not be good for me to have a bad reputation.
Feel free to email me if you would like to discuss the adoption. I would be glad to talk over the phone if that helps. I can sign some kind of contract if that helps. We do that with our valuable show goats.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Maybe I can send some references from the veterinarians that I have worked with? I do understand the concern.

Don’t worry, I think Wellington just meant in general. She makes sure to post it on every adoption thread, and it isn’t usually directed at anyone in particular ;)