2 Male Sulcatas Mating

Willseyboy

5 Year Member
Hi there,

I have 2 male Sulcatas at the same age (4 years old and have always lived together from hatchling) living in a large open area and seem like they are best friends. They sleep together, eat together, chill together etc. But, one of them has started to constantly mount the other. They have never been seen fighting or pushing each other around. So I'm wondering if it's just an "urge" and he'll get over it and stop or will this continue forever. Or is it seasonal?
The one which is getting mounted doesn't care too much and would happy just eat the grass while it happens. But I was wondering if this will continue forever. The noise is a little loud and the neighbours are starting to ask questions..

Any advice will help.

Thank you.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I keep a different species known for being a little less prone to sparring than sulcatas, but the males often mount one another, for sport and satisfying urges I suspect. So long as neither is terrorizing or injuring the other, probably nothing to worry about.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I keep a different species known for being a little less prone to sparring than sulcatas, but the males often mount one another, for sport and satisfying urges I suspect. So long as neither is terrorizing or injuring the other, probably nothing to worry about.
Its bullying and very stressful. So much of it is wrong. Get them separated asap!