2 more q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

10 Year Member!
2 more newby questions if you all don't mind. I have my 8-9 month old sulcata a substrate of 50/50 sand and coco fiber, which he seems to love. My first question is how often should I spray and wet down the substrate? Should I use a hydrometer and strive to keep a specific humidity level?
#2- How much should I be feeding the little guy? I am feeding him spring mix from the grocery store and costco, and dusting it lightly twice a week with rep-cal w/ D3 and herptivite.
Thanks in advance

M

Maggie Cummings

I already told you how much to feed him!!!...:) I don't spray the substrate, I pour hot water in it then stir it up with my hand. I have a big tort table so I just wet it under the basking lights. Remember this...hot and wet is fine, cold and wet is not.
It's nice to see you here on the forum. A few of the same people from the list are here, but this group is much more friendly and the information given is more to what the animal really needs as opposed to specific rules of care.
I'm a rule bender so I like it here much better.
I'd feed your little guy a 3/4 of a cup morning and evening...:p

Please understand I was just teasing you...:p

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
california
eh i spray my tortoises substrate every other day when she is being soaked. :)

Brian

10 Year Member!
Lol! I must have missed the feeding advice! Sometimes I'm not really reading, it's more like just seeing words on a computer screen!:rolleyes: Ok, we will spray only in the areas where his heat lamp covers with warm water. Thanks again for the fast responses, and maggie3fan, that was 3 cups of food 4 times a day, right.....:p;) J/K lol!

M

Maggie Cummings

Brian said:
Lol! I must have missed the feeding advice! Sometimes I'm not really reading, it's more like just seeing words on a computer screen!:rolleyes: Ok, we will spray only in the areas where his heat lamp covers with warm water. Thanks again for the fast responses, and maggie3fan, that was 3 cups of food 4 times a day, right.....:p;) J/K lol!

Yep! That's how Bob got to be 73 pounds!

Status
Not open for further replies.