2 russian torts up for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have 2 russian tortoise that i rescued from a horrible pet shop. They have been to the vet and are currently doing very well. One is a 4 inch female and the other is a very energetic 5 inch male (who is already breeding with my 7 inch female).

They need good home as i currently take in unwanted torts adn find them great homes. Please let me know if anyone in the chicagoland are ais interested. There is a rehoming fee for them to cover the vet bill adn genreal care. I also have supplies if needed. General care info is (forced) given at time of adoption.

Please do not reply unless you are ready for the commitment of a tortoise or any animal !
This post has been edited by twtraudio: Today, 07:39 PM

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi Adam,
It might be nice if you included your "adoption" fee in the ad and isn't forced a little heavy handed. I've always found people to be more receptive if your nice and make them feel they want or need to care for the tortoise the right way.

Danny

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
Hi Adam,
It might be nice if you included your "adoption" fee in the ad and isn't forced a little heavy handed. I've always found people to be more receptive if your nice and make them feel they want or need to care for the tortoise the right way.

Danny

Ha your right sorry dan that does seem a little overwhelming. I was just emphasing the need for the right info my apologies. And well the male is supposed to be adopted tommorow from someone locally and the female i decided to wait on to see if her mood changes after the male is gone.

She has been hiding more and not eating as much ( could be in hibernation mode though) ever since the male remembered he can pro-create LOL. So i want to make sure she is healthy first. I already had someone on this forum contact me about her and explained and apologized for the situation. I hope everyone understands.

Im sorry i just wont let someone have a sick tort. I just kinda redflagged it today (ent with gut feeling to be safe).

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sorry to reply in your thread. I was wondering what the report was from the vet? I am not local but may be adopting a russian tortoise if it needs a good home.

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Redfootedboxturtles said:
Sorry to reply in your thread. I was wondering what the report was from the vet? I am not local but may be adopting a russian tortoise if it needs a good home.

It was a vitamin a deficiency and/or first signs of a URI. So she got a vitamin injection and was treated via anitbiotics for the possible URI. If the person that pmed me about her doesnt want to wait than you can have be on the list next. I wsa supposed to be getting one in but i think it ended up being a scam on craigslists. SO usually i will let everyone know what i get in and will let people get on the list (after i speak with them on the phone) and after the 2 week waiting period may recieve their adoptee.

Status
Not open for further replies.