2 sulcata hatchlings...

Simbadeleon

Location (City and/or State)
Pacoima
I have an 7 month healthy sulcata eats everything from dandelions kale collards multiple pellets....I got a new hatchling sulcata roughly 2-3 months I believe as a gift...
But my older one was trying to bite smaller one at 1st for couple days...now just kinda follows him for a little till he gets bored...that has stopped but when they eat big one sits on food not allowing baby to eat... I have multiple hides for them to hide at but I’m still worried the baby is being bullied...
Should I seperate already ?

Happytort27

CA
I have an 7 month healthy sulcata eats everything from dandelions kale collards multiple pellets....I got a new hatchling sulcata roughly 2-3 months I believe as a gift...
But my older one was trying to bite smaller one at 1st for couple days...now just kinda follows him for a little till he gets bored...that has stopped but when they eat big one sits on food not allowing baby to eat... I have multiple hides for them to hide at but I’m still worried the baby is being bullied...
Yes! PLEASE separate them if you haven’t already. Most, if not all tortoises are solitary creatures. It’s really stressful for them and one could end up getting hurt.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
They will need to be separated.
And throughout their entire lives will need separate and increasingly larger enclosures.
The agression has just started. It won't end.
Two Sulcata will become a very big job.
It's not for everyone. That's for sure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tortoises should never be kept in pairs. This is the case even when you don't see any obvious overt aggression. You need to separate these two immediately.

Please read this for the current and correct care info. Most care info offered for this species is the same wrong info that has been parroted for decades.

saleena.lewis

Massachusetts
Yes as many people have said before, please separate them. Also could we see your enclosure? What are your temperatures???