2 sulcata's for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAndersen21

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have 2 sulcata's that need a new home. They are 7 years old and probably over 15lbs. I am not sure if they are female or male. We live in the tampa bay area. Please email with any questions.

glendab63

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I just replied to an email you sent me and I PM you also let me know what you have and what you want for time ,and send me so pics of them please

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi. I live in Lee County not that far south of you guys. I may be able to take them in. I have some experience with sulatas

JAndersen21

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Are you a breeder? Where would you have them, indoor or outsides? They like to dig as you may know. I not asking any money for them, I just want them to go to a good place where they will not be able to dig out of a yard. I want someone to take them that is very familar with them and understands how big they get.
I will get some pictures of them and post iin a day or two.

Thanks

Jenny
Redfootedboxturtles said:
Hi. I live in Lee County not that far south of you guys. I may be able to take them in. I have some experience with sulatas

glendab63

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
JAndersen21 said:
Are you a breeder? Where would you have them, indoor or outsides? They like to dig as you may know. I not asking any money for them, I just want them to go to a good place where they will not be able to dig out of a yard. I want someone to take them that is very familar with them and understands how big they get.
I will get some pictures of them and post iin a day or two.

Thanks

Jenny
Redfootedboxturtles said:

No I'm not a breeder and they would send most of the year outside grazing .I am in the process of enclosing about a 1/3 of an acre for the torts only and it will have a hot house in it for winter .but at this moment my baby comes in every night and has her own room,but we are very lucky as far as weather goes in texas in the winter,I usally have maby 2 weeks of the hole winter that get below 50 at night,and the days are always warm and sunny
so my girl grazes almost every single day of the year.there new big pin is being planted in the baha that already grows there along with white clover,chickory,danoline and cati.for lots of extra nutrition and I do know sulcata and when 1 ones to me it's family and never leave me I will not sell a sulcata and will not breed a sulcata,if breeding was to take place the egg would be destroyed thank you Glenda and may GOD Bless you and your Torts

floridajake

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello, I also have a 7yr. old sulcata. I live in Ft. Lauderdale. It stays quite a bit warmer in the winter down here than in Tampa. 70 is the normal overnight low in the dead of winter. For the 1-2 days a year it drops down to the 50's at night, I have an enclosed porch with heat lamps. My lot is 1/3 acre fenced(wood). I use chicken wire under the sod near the fence to prevent digging out, but he doesn't seem to want to since he can't see through the wood. I allow him to dig a burrow. The varied range of temps and humidity that a burrow allows cannot be duplicated and leads to better shell health. I am willing to drive to Tampa and pickup if you are still looking for a home for one or both of your sullys. Send me a PM and I'll give you my contact info.

JAndersen21

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thank you for the inquiry. I have found a home for them locally but if that does not work at I will keep you in mind. It sounds like you would provide an excellent home.

Thanks again

floridatort said:
Hello, I also have a 7yr. old sulcata. I live in Ft. Lauderdale. It stays quite a bit warmer in the winter down here than in Tampa. 70 is the normal overnight low in the dead of winter. For the 1-2 days a year it drops down to the 50's at night, I have an enclosed porch with heat lamps. My lot is 1/3 acre fenced(wood). I use chicken wire under the sod near the fence to prevent digging out, but he doesn't seem to want to since he can't see through the wood. I allow him to dig a burrow. The varied range of temps and humidity that a burrow allows cannot be duplicated and leads to better shell health. I am willing to drive to Tampa and pickup if you are still looking for a home for one or both of your sullys. Send me a PM and I'll give you my contact info.

Lisa Sirois

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
JAndersen21 said:
I have 2 sulcata's that need a new home. They are 7 years old and probably over 15lbs. I am not sure if they are female or male. We live in the tampa bay area. Please email with any questions.

:)Do you still have the sulcata's??

Status
Not open for further replies.