2 year old Male Marginated trying to move me and shows me he is a male a lot

Location (City and/or State)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Our almost 2 year old male Marginated seems to be getting territorial in the house only to me.
It seems he wants to turn me over as he crawls under me standing tall, head in and starts to lift/push me. I move him away and he just comes back for more. Unless I pick him up and pet him them he seems to chill
he also likes to drag his "junk" around the floor only in front of me... So I know he is a he.
We have 3 places he spends time in, as well as supervised when loose as he just comes over to be petted and is potty trained to linoleum. Yeah that was all him... He doesn't go to the bathroom at all until you pull him out of the tortoise house (where he sleeps in our bedroom)

Sounds like a joke but I am 100% serious on his issue, not going to add any pictures of him showing me his package; but he does it at least 3 times a week. I was worried at first but he pulls it in if I pick him up so it isn't that it won't go in and he only does it to me so I am guessing man-crush lol. Wife and son don't get the same extra attention
I wish it was as funny as it sounds.
But he is awesome and will remain single; Curious if any others have seen this behavior?

Camouflage/hunting patterns really seem to get him wound up so I try to not wear it around him.

Attachments

• August Gamera.jpeg
    August Gamera.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 70

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just a quick he shouldn't be roaming the floors of your house. Too dangerous, we've seen it and temps are never appropriate on the floor.
As for the flashing, they usually do that for about a month once it starts and then they don't seem to do it as often.
Some torts are territorial and will charge and butt people. He may always do that and then it might lighten up once he stops the flashing.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Our almost 2 year old male Marginated seems to be getting territorial in the house only to me.
It seems he wants to turn me over as he crawls under me standing tall, head in and starts to lift/push me. I move him away and he just comes back for more. Unless I pick him up and pet him them he seems to chill
he also likes to drag his "junk" around the floor only in front of me... So I know he is a he.
We have 3 places he spends time in, as well as supervised when loose as he just comes over to be petted and is potty trained to linoleum. Yeah that was all him... He doesn't go to the bathroom at all until you pull him out of the tortoise house (where he sleeps in our bedroom)

Sounds like a joke but I am 100% serious on his issue, not going to add any pictures of him showing me his package; but he does it at least 3 times a week. I was worried at first but he pulls it in if I pick him up so it isn't that it won't go in and he only does it to me so I am guessing man-crush lol. Wife and son don't get the same extra attention
I wish it was as funny as it sounds.
But he is awesome and will remain single; Curious if any others have seen this behavior?

Camouflage/hunting patterns really seem to get him wound up so I try to not wear it around him.

My side hurts from laughing MAOff.....come on now, wear the camo just for giggles....give the guy a thrill and don't be threatened....it is just a tortoise...remember, you are bigger and, well, quicker...lol.....a tortoise will imprint on a caregiver and that is normal....so you are it for him...you can enjoy it for the pure thing it is and not perverse it with our silly human issues....that tort likely looks for you to challenge, to set with and to get what he needs for food, exercise and all the things he enjoys.....relish in the fact that you are needed by him and don't let him down.....fun stuff....