2 year old spurthigh . Not eating.

Leigh halsey

Location (City and/or State)
Essex
Hi I am new to this site and would like some advice. I have had my spurthigh for 12 weeks and he has always eaten well. However he has not eaten for 3 days! Is this normal or should I be worried .

erinlyndon

Welcome to the forum, I'm quite new here too. Pebble (my Russian) didn't eat for a few days I asked about it and it might be because your tort wants to hibernate. I moved my light down and hand fed mine for a bit and she was fine after

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you don't want your tortoise to hibernate, Leigh, be sure to keep his light on for 12 to 14 hours a day and keep him warm. They sense the shorter days and change in weather patterns and sometimes it's pretty hard to keep them awake during the winter.

Last edited:

Leigh halsey

Essex
Hi I am new to this site and would like some advice. I have had my spurthigh for 12 weeks and he has always eaten well. However he has not eaten for 3 days! Is this normal or should I be worried .
Welcome to the forum, I'm quite new here too. Pebble (my Russian) didn't eat for a few days I asked about it and it might be because your tort wants to hibernate. I moved my light down and hand fed mine for a bit and she was fine after
thankyou for the advise .

Leigh halsey

Essex
If you don't want your tortoise to hibernate, Leigh, be sure to keep his light on for 12 to 14 hours a day and keep him warm. They sense the shorter days and change in weather patterns and sometimes it pretty hard to keep them away during the winter.
Thank you for the advice.