20 months old redfoot habitat

pip wallace

Location (City and/or State)
Evesham UK
Maeve is 7and half inches long and growing fast. She is in a vivarium 2feet by 4feet the largest I could find. Know she needs more space, any ideas? I am in the UK so outside is not an option. Inside I still need to control temp and humidity. Looked at rehoming but very worried that she won’t get the right conditions. Please advise, thank you

Happytort27

CA
I know that several members here use grow tents. It’s pretty cheap and can be easily purchased through Amazon. It’s also good for maintaining humidity, which makes it ideal for a redfoot. @Srmcclure is like an expert on these enclosures lol so she’ll probably have more advice than I do in regards to set up.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I know that several members here use grow tents. It’s pretty cheap and can be easily purchased through Amazon. It’s also good for maintaining humidity, which makes it ideal for a redfoot. @Srmcclure is like an expert on these enclosures lol so she’ll probably have more advice than I do in regards to set up.
Hahaha I appreciate that ? i wouldn't say expert, but I have set up a few of them now and they work great!
Maeve is 7and half inches long and growing fast. She is in a vivarium 2feet by 4feet the largest I could find. Know she needs more space, any ideas? I am in the UK so outside is not an option. Inside I still need to control temp and humidity. Looked at rehoming but very worried that she won’t get the right conditions. Please advise, thank you

@Chubbs the tegu and @nicoleann2214 also use them so we can advise if you are interested in going that route ? I would still have an outdoor enclosure during the times you are able to have good temps, but my redfoot and leopard are each in one and they are doing great! They come in all different sizes and you can lay it on its side like we do to get the larger size ( mine is a 3ft x 6ft) or even on its back depending on the tent. If you are interested we can help.20200727_133147.jpg
20200717_182325.jpg20200802_160514.jpg

pip wallace

Evesham UK
They are an excellent option. Think I am going with 120x60x180cm. The only drawback is not being able to see your tortoise all the time but think she will prefer that ?. Thank you all for your help ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
They are an excellent option. Think I am going with 120x60x180cm. The only drawback is not being able to see your tortoise all the time but think she will prefer that ?. Thank you all for your help ?
Too true!!! ? make sure you put liners on the inside and one on the outside just incase. I tape mine with gorilla tape all the way around to keep moisture from getting to the bottom and sitting ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I applaud any of you keeping tropical tortoises in a less than ideal climate.
I don't think that Craig @Anyfoot is around much anymore. But his UK Redfoot looked as good as my Florida USA herd.
Looking at some of his old posts might be very helpful