2014 Tortoise Calendar Contest Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
One thing to keep on mind is that the iPhone gives you a choice of how big a photo to attach. Always choose the largest.
If your camera is 5MP+ make sure it's set to take photos at the highest resolution. Some cameras are set to yield smaller than the maximum size so that you can fit more photos on any given memory stick. Always choose the largest photo settings

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
shanu303 said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Mine photo was taken with my iPhone 5. It would seem to be too small and I have zero idea how to change that. So it goes.

I think this info. explains it just fine to me now that I read it. Can't post pictures in this thread, makes sense. Anyway, It appears this phones camera doesn't have 5 megapixels.

iphone 5 is equipped with 8 Megapixel camera.... your pic is more than qualified....

I resent. Thanks.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Also please understand why we can't go through and individually guide 75 different people on how to do this properly...

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Mine is the right size which is what has me perplexed. I'd just really like to know what was wrong with my photo since size, time sent, etc, wasn't it.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I personally hand-picked through the photos early this morning. Only photos submitted between Oct 1 and Oct 15 were accepted.
2 were sent after midnight PST last night.
A few weren't sent as attachment but as links.
Many, many photos were not large enough. The best way to be sure your photo was large enough is to find the exact pixel dimensions of your photo and multiply them together. If you have >5,000,000 pixels, your photo is large enough. Do not trust that your phone or camera says 6.5MP (or whatever else). Make sure you confirm the actual image is large enough.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I sent my submission at 11:29PM PST (I can screen shot the email)
My photo is 3648 x 2736
I sent it in the email through gmail as an attachment.

So I still don't know what was wrong with my photo. I resent it but am scared that whatever the issue was isn't fixed.

I'm editing to add, that I'm on EST so it was sent 2.29AM EST - 11:29PM PST. The rules state that submissions needed to be in by 11:59PM PST. Which it was. Sorry i'm just getting worried because I have no answers and followed all the rules.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
DaisyDuke said:
My photo is 3648 x 2736

So I still don't know what was wrong with my photo. I resent it but am scared that whatever the issue was isn't fixed.

I'm editing to add, that I'm on EST so it was sent 2.29AM EST - 11:29PM PST. The rules state that submissions needed to be in by 11:59PM PST. Which it was. Sorry i'm just getting worried because I have no answers and followed all the rules.
You should be fine. I dont think i will make it for some reason or another. I dont know anything about this sizing stuff i downloaded the stuff they said they said to do, i got all kinds of crap on my computer now...ive worked on this all day also..only to hear, you are just out of luck...how discouraging!

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
mainey34 said:
DaisyDuke said:
My photo is 3648 x 2736

You should be fine. I dont think i will make it for some reason or another. I dont know anything about this sizing stuff i downloaded the stuff they said they said to do, i got all kinds of crap on my computer now...ive worked on this all day also..only to hear, you are just out of luck...how discouraging!

I thought I was fine but for some reason my photo was never posted. So i'm lost as to what was wrong with my entry. I spent so much time going through pictures and checking their sizes and whatnot just for my entry to somehow be rejected even though it met every guideline. This is really upsetting me :(

I'm not sure how to tell you to size it. I only know how to check the size in one program. There must be another way if you don't have a program. Like maybe a website that allows you to upload and will calculate the size? I wish I had better advice.

HerbsMommy

5 Year Member
I only have my photo on my cell phone and it reads in kbs... I just resent it and selected "actual size" will that work?? I am NOT tech savvy! Haha

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ben awes said:
Is the voting open yet? - if so, where?

thanks!

I don't see where it has either, so I would assume Josh is not yet done with it. I know he was having a lot of resubmissions to wade through. Once it's up, it will be placed in this section. I will also put a reminder thread out in the general area, so everybody will know it's voting time.

Once the calendar contest voting is under way, I will start going back through the pages of emailed entries to find those that did not make the size cut or the date/time cut off. Then I will take those pictures and make them into a simple monthly contest. That way, even if they can't be in the calendar, we can still atleast see and be awed by them, praise the entrants, and see how they would have stacked up against each other atleast. Won't make the disappointment of not making it into the calendar contest go away, but it might ease the loss a little.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm not pitting any pressure on anyone, but the voting should have been posted already. I guess I'll wait patiently....hmm...hmm...hmm...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Be patient if you want to...I, for one, am NOT BEING PATIENT!!!

JOSH!!! WHERE'S OUR VOTING THREAD?????

HerbsMommy

5 Year Member
When will we know if our second chance pics made it? I resent mine because the first was too small

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'm working on it folks! Sorry for the delay. We will allow additional time for voting to make up the difference.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Be patient if you want to...I, for one, am NOT BEING PATIENT!!!

JOSH!!! WHERE'S OUR VOTING THREAD?????

You crack me up!

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
Everyone appreciates your hard work Josh! waiting patiently :)

Status
Not open for further replies.