skottip

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I submitted one that was 585 MB.
I have no idea how many mega pixles that is. lol
Any input. ?

Thanks

OK, went back to the rules and figured out how to calculate. Looks like I am not going to be entered. :( That sucks....

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
If your photo didn't make it initially, chances are it wasn't big enough. Make sure you get the ORIGINAL photo. Cropping, altering, etc will usually effect the image quality and megapixels. An updated list of accepted photos will be posted tomorrow for voting.
The photos used here have been resized so that people can quickly and easily see their photo without loading 40 huge images.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
It would help if we knew why our photo wasn't posted. Because mine met all guidelines size included. I resent it and am now wondering if it will be posted tomorrow since I don't know what the issue is.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Hmmm. mine was large enough but didn't show. I'll re check it now and re send it.

Aw...mine was 4.9 mega pixel at only 2560x 1920...
Let me fix it and re send...

Sent at 2731x 2048 or 5.6 mega pixel.. Should work now! :)
Man.... .1 off just couldn't cut it :p

Helen

5 Year Member
I'm so disappointed my pic has not been included! It was a lovely one. [PENSIVE FACE]

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
So, if it doesnt meet the size requirements. How would you fix it other then retaking the pic?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Mine photo was taken with my iPhone 5. It would seem to be too small and I have zero idea how to change that. So it goes.

I think this info. explains it just fine to me now that I read it. Can't post pictures in this thread, makes sense. Anyway, It appears this phones camera doesn't have 5 megapixels.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
mainey34 said:
So, if it doesnt meet the size requirements. How would you fix it other then retaking the pic?

i have a free photo editor, ifranview, where i can resize the photo. as long as you have the original because blowing it up will degrade the quality a bit. that's what i did.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
stinax182 said:
mainey34 said:

i have a free photo editor, ifranview, where i can resize the photo. as long as you have the original because blowing it up will degrade the quality a bit. that's what i did.
I don't get it. this is the first time ive entered. im not sure if it is the size of my pic or not. no one tells you. im just guessing it is. anyways. I took the pic with a 8 megapixel camera. its the original pic. doesn't make scense.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
mainey34 said:
stinax182 said:
mainey34 said:

I don't get it. this is the first time ive entered. im not sure if it is the size of my pic or not. no one tells you. im just guessing it is. anyways. I took the pic with a 8 megapixel camera. its the original pic. doesn't make scense.

I'm with you, I don't get it either. I took mine with a DSLR and checked the size and the size was fine. If they would tell us the reasons for each person we would know what to fix. I'm afraid the pictures will go up tomorrow and some of us won't see ours and then just be told it's too late. I think it's unfair considering some of met every guideline and still don't see our pictures, so we have no clue what to do.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
DaisyDuke said:
mainey34 said:
stinax182 said:
mainey34 said:

I'm with you, I don't get it either. I took mine with a DSLR and checked the size and the size was fine. If they would tell us the reasons for each person we would know what to fix. I'm afraid the pictures will go up tomorrow and some of us won't see ours and then just be told it's too late. I think it's unfair considering some of met every guideline and still don't see our pictures, so we have no clue what to do.
In the rules it says we cant use photo shop. So im not going to do that. I tried emailing josh. He didnt respond....i wish somone would HELP!!!! us out...

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
You can't use photoshop to put your tortoise on a skyscraper building or flying in the clouds, etc.
You can use it to up your megapixels of an undoctored photo.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If it didn't meet the size requirement, and you don't have it saved to "my computer" in the larger pixel format, then you're just out of luck until next year's contest.

My camera says "12 mexapixels." When I take picture with it and put them into my computer, they take a very long time to upload. So I put them into Irfanview and re-size them. However, these re-sized pictures aren't big enough to enter the contest. So when I enter the contest I have to send an email, make an attachment, and bring back the big pixel'd picture from "my computer" and not the one saved from Irfanview.

Now is not the time to be learning about this. If it wasn't understood when you first read the contest rules, you should have tried to get an understanding at that time. Just chalk it up to experience, and be thinking about taking next year's great picture!

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I didn't use photoshop aside from sizing and my photo meets the requirements. This photo is actually bigger than the one I entered last year.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ShellyTurtleTort said:
Can I try sending a different photo than the one I already did? I have others. :(

Sorry it has to be the same picture. :(

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Cowboy_Ken said:
Mine photo was taken with my iPhone 5. It would seem to be too small and I have zero idea how to change that. So it goes.

I think this info. explains it just fine to me now that I read it. Can't post pictures in this thread, makes sense. Anyway, It appears this phones camera doesn't have 5 megapixels.

iphone 5 is equipped with 8 Megapixel camera.... your pic is more than qualified....

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Jacqui said:
ShellyTurtleTort said:
Can I try sending a different photo than the one I already did? I have others. :(

Sorry it has to be the same picture. :(

Okay. I sent the same one again from the computer rather than my cell. Hoping it will take :( Can you confirm either way?

Status
Not open for further replies.