2015 TFO, a retrospective

Prairie Mom

I read this before I read all of Chrissy's post and thought you were talking about John's 'mankini'. ;):eek::eek::eek:
Where do I find John's mankini. No no never mind. Some things can not be undone once seen. :D
BAAAAHHHHH! I just found it in the "I Spy" thread! AAAAAAAA!
I'm not providing a link!!! You're right! It can never be unseen!!! I couldn't even click the "like" button!!! I was laughing, but my mouse just wouldn't let me! Couldn't even keep it on the screen for longer than a second!! Man, John has some sparkling confident self-esteem!!! Holy cow!!!!

SteveW

Okay...FINE!:D You're totally right!
Here's my contribution to your list. ---Heck! I'll make my own! awww...yeah!...

My favorite forum question from 2015 is:
"Did I do something wrong?" <---and then watching how the original poster takes the ensuing responses

Best new off-topic threads for the year are: (A lot of great off-topic activity this year!!! Super fun!)
The ever-going "I Spy" game
"Cold Dark Room" ---extra points for games of darts, armadillos, and a first attempt at a synchronized international viewing of the movie "Beetlejuice." I'm waiting for their book club.
The thread asking "Who is Yvonne G?"
Um...of course, I'm going to list the "Star Wars: Force Awakens" thread
Anything Secret Santa was an absolute blast! What a riot that was!
@waretrop 's greenhouse tour. I liked her pantry tour too.

Best On-topic threads for the year are:
-http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/my-young-sulcatas-winter-diet-worked.115259/ -for shiz, yo! This short thread inspired me to do some major tortoise food preservation, investigate other ways of storing food, and has completely changed my winter diet this year.
-http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-attack-of-affection.112458/#post-1044563 -Need I say anything!? :<3::<3::<3:
-Anything Odin's Gma does to dote on her baby sulcata
-http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/indoor-enclosure.130200/ -love watching the man build
-http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...-feb-6-in-redlands.111448/page-3#post-1040490 -really enjoyed the pyramiding presentation

Best forum photos:
Anything from Aldabraman
@AnimalLady 's blatant bikini shot :p;)

Cutest forum kids:
mine
(please take note of my continued use of the word "cute" ;) ha ha! )

Cutest forum sulcata:
mine

Cutest/best forum posts:
mine

Cutest/Best forum avatars:
Mine -HANDS DOWN! -All year long, baby!!! WOOO!
@Yvonne G
@Yellow Turtle01
(Yvonne and Delaney get extra points! Yvonne commemorated/mourned Leonard Nimoy's death with me. Yellow turtle had a star wars themed avatar leading up to opening day of Force awakens with me)
@johnandjade -Holly looks so clever as an avatar pic
@jaizei for the short time he was Russian/sulcata/tortoise

Most confusing forum thread:
"How do you solve a problem like diarrhea" <----see what I did there??:p:<3:

BOOM!!!!
***Now, please imagine that I'm doing a threatening "West side story" gangstyle dance to challenge both Steve as the original poster and whatever poster follows me. ***

I'm no expert, but I think I just got served, old-school. Now I'm no stranger to dance-fighting, believe you me, but I can recognize when I've been bettered.

I concede the reminiscing, without reservation.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I much preferred the Bertha thread.
I both thank everyone for the support and apologize for dragging you along for the ride.
She is fantastic!

Attachments

• 20151231_110049.jpg
    20151231_110049.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 18

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I both thank everyone for the support and apologize for dragging you along for the ride.
She is fantastic!
Sometimes animals do take you for a ride. And it helps to have people who understand riding with you. No matter what the outcome people were there for you through the whole thing. I'm glad she's doing so good. She probably isn't even aware of all the stress you caused :)

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hmmm. Sounds like you're trying to take a goofball post and twist it into having some kind of point.

Seems a bit dicey :)
Oh good Prairie Mom is calling you out, I thought it might have been me. Hahahahahahahahahah on you. Yeah I think talking about the human culture of the interest in tortoises is an appropriate topic. Pet keeping in general sometimes including houseplants and large working backyards is a big fat line between us and those who would choose to live in a concrete condo 10 or more stories up in a highrise (with no pets or plants). I like being immersed in living things. Some abhor it. I don't get that at all.

Prairie Mom

Oh good Prairie Mom is calling you out, I thought it might have been me. Hahahahahahahahahah on you. Yeah I think talking about the human culture of the interest in tortoises is an appropriate topic. Pet keeping in general sometimes including houseplants and large working backyards is a big fat line between us and those who would choose to live in a concrete condo 10 or more stories up in a highrise (with no pets or plants). I like being immersed in living things. Some abhor it. I don't get that at all.
I can challenge you with a threatening "West side story" gangstyle dance if you're feeling left out?;)

Prairie Mom

@prariemom Jaizei was the Russian/sulcata/tortoise kid??
For just a brief couple of days. It was pretty hilarious. He took kind of a funny picture of Nick (If you remember, Nick used to often post selfies with crazy expressions), captured it as his avatar, and Nick gave his endorsement to the endeavor. It made hunting around the forum pretty confusing and really funny for a short time, especially when they were both commenting on the same thread.:D I've stolen other people's photos a couple times and you can easily claim this as my inspiration. It was pretty dang hilarious.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I can challenge you with a threatening "West side story" gangstyle dance if you're feeling left out?;)
I don't know that seems hostile, especially from a Babe in "Hardiness zone 4", I live in a zone between 10 and eleven, sorta hot house flower in comparison. The funny thing is when they sang "I want to be in An ----- Merica", they already where while residing in Puerto Rico, which is a part of Merica. And now we have plastic, no more Chromium Steel. My sister obsessed on that movie, I saw it from afar while wishing for Marlin Perkins or a PBS Jacques Cousteau special. Haha "bolus" made Steve's list. I win.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
For just a brief couple of days. It was pretty hilarious. He took kind of a funny picture of Nick (If you remember, Nick used to often post selfies with crazy expressions), captured it as his avatar, and Nick gave his endorsement to the endeavor. It made hunting around the forum pretty confusing and really funny for a short time, especially when they were both commenting on the same thread.:D I've stolen other people's photos a couple times and you can easily claim this as my inspiration. It was pretty dang hilarious.

I should just delete this (because that's what I do ;)) so that this rumor spreads far and wide.