2nd Annual Calendar Photo Contest Commentary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Please use this thread to comment on photos submitted to the 2010 Calendar Photo Contest!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
We cannot print any photos that are less than 6 megapixels. Sorry but the image just will not turn out well when blown up to calendar size.

M

Maggie Cummings

Where do we vote? I wasn't here last year for the contest so I don't know how it works...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
voting hasn't been set up yet. There will be a separate thread once all the pictures have been submitted.

Yvonne

way2gfy

5 Year Member
Very cute pics so far. I like 'pumpkin face'.... Wish I could get some of those out of my DT!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
there are already some great submissions! keep 'em coming! i have a feeling this is going to be a really close contest!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Terry I love Pio up on the rock he's so sweet looking. I was also so surprised to see Trevor it's been so long since I've seen a picture of him he's getting so big Kate and my son Noah just thought that the Spider Tortoise had such a great shell he couldn't get over looking at it (he's 10). I love seeing pictures of everyone's tortoises, but I'm waiting to post Dale's until I can hire Tim/Robyn to come take it for me with that great camera of theirs. I figure we'll have a better chance at the cover that way. :D Oh and Josh there's no beating Costco's paper and prices they do great work for the money. ;)

chadk

10 Year Member!
Can the pic be of a tort + other animal or tort + human? Or is this just "tort" doing something "tortie"? :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
OK, what about the contest for Best Tortoise Name?

I mean really, how could Kevlar von Helm NOT win? And I hooted with laughter over Squirtel and Buckwheat...too funny! Some of you are so creative with names. :p

M

Maggie Cummings

I simply don't think Terrypins picture should be allowed. It's just too cute. pretty and awesome!!! Bob doesn't stand a chance against a baby picture like that...

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Lol I agree Maggs, Terry's pic of the egg baby is awesome !!! I still can't choose what pic to submit for Tallula, guess I'll have to take more!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
chadk said:
Can the pic be of a tort + other animal or tort + human? Or is this just "tort" doing something "tortie"? :)

Any photo with a real live tortoise in it is admissible, but remember you have to appeal to the masses to win the votes! :)

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I haven't named my tortoises yet, is it ok to submit pictures of nameless tortoises?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
gummybearpoop said:
I haven't named my tortoises yet, is it ok to submit pictures of nameless tortoises?

Sure! A name isn't a requirement.

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
This photo contest thread is TERRIBLE. Absolutely terrible. How am I supposed to cook, clean or go to work when I am spending so much time perusing chelonian portraits? And those names...have mercy, please!

When do we get to vote?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Josh will put up the voting thread on October 21.

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
GBtortoises, what a beautiful enclosure you have for your tortoise. I love it. :)

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Please keep in mind that if your original photo was 6MP and then you crop it, it is no longer 6MP and will likely be thrown out should it win. We cannot print low resolution photos in the calendar because they will turn out pixelated and grainy. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.