2nd Annual Calendar Photo Contest Commentary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurun3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
There's soooo many pictures. I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet! Did we set a record this year?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm hoping the voting turns out so that we have a different type of tortoise for each month.

Maybe next year we can have categories so that we can have a different kind of tortoise for each month. That way we could submit more than one photo, but only one photo per category.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

I've taken great pictures of Bob and showed you all. But in order to get a photo in the calendar I had to borrow a camera because of sizing and I only had it for one day, so I don't like the picture of Bob I submitted. I realize he was indeed catching a strawberry that was thrown at him, but I think his squash pics are better,I'm just hoping he gets some votes at all with that lousy picture. There are so many really good pictures...

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Maggie, Bob will have his own calendar for sure ! i don't know one person that wouldn't agree :) We all love Bob !
The pic I eventually chose absolutely 100% depicts our little Tallula girl :) Nick made me choose it, in a way, but I actually love it. There are too many really great pics of her ! Sigh.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yes Alireza here is how it will work. Josh correct me if I am wrong.
Josh will place the pic next to a vote button. you vote on as many pics as Josh states one person can vote on. Then the winners are picked by the amount of votes they receive. Once the 13 pics are chosen the original pics are sent to Josh if need be and they are printed as a calendar. The price is set and You can order as many calendars as you want. When they are finished being printed they are sent to you.

No offence to anyone intended but hopefully this year the calendars will be of better quality paper than last and bound better. (Costco does a great job and the price is pretty good-theres my pitch :p).

I think this year we have many more pics than last entered. :)

Alireza

5 Year Member
How can I buy one? (it doesn't matter if it cantains Jared or not) I live in Iran.can you mail it here?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I'm sure it can be since we all pay for shipping. Josh will let you know in a post how you can order one an how it will be shipped.

Voting should start after today so Good luck to everyone who submitted a pictue. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That picture of Stagger Lee is just too precious! I was wondering why you didn't post one, Rebecca. Waited for the LAST MINUTE!!

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Here's an idea to solve the Bob problem. Maybe we could take multiple pictures per calendar page--a Bob montage, or a Stagger series. That would require more technical skills of how to merge the best shots onto one page, or maximum size, and maybe the rules could limit the number of images so they're not too small to be fully appreciated. Some of you could even do menagerie mosaics with your various reptiles, or we could keep it limited to tortoises, but not necessarily all of the same tortoise!:p

I'd be even more eager to buy a calendar that reflects many of my favorite chelonian celebrities, instead of merely 13...:D

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Last year we had 66 entries! only 3.5 more hours to beat that record!

Mochii

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Whew. I made it right?? I almost didn't make it! haha.

How long do we vote for?

- M&M

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
tortoisenerd said:
Spring's picture is interesting...that totally got a second look! hehe

thanks kate, i worked really hard getting that pic, so many got thrown out because of shadows and angles. i cant remember if i enlarged the pic or not, so im not sure its going to work for the calendar because of the new pixel size. fingers crossed he get the votes anyway. smiles, spring

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes, when and where do we vote? I have my keyboard in hand, ready to cast my ballot!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
To all of you who have entered, you have done an outstanding job. Every shot and tortoise in them is so special. Makes trying to narrow down my choices almost impossible. I think we need to have a calendar with each week having it's own page...then maybe, just maybe I could have all my favorites.

Once more, thanks to all of you for entering...and good luck. May all my favorites win! :p :D :D

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
That WOULD be awesome if there was a way to incorporate ALL the photos..

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Josh needs to put all the photos into one thread and set it up properly. that takes a little bit of time. please be patient, the voting WILL start SOON!!

:)

Alireza

5 Year Member
I think if you just do some edits and put pictures togather,you can use more photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.