2nd day no poop during soak

Torkoal#1

Location (City and/or State)
Dadeville
Today is the 2nd day of a 15 to 20 min soak, ill let him soak longer today and even replace water with warmer water after it cools to try to get things moving. He was in a half moss half coco coir for 2 weeks and after being told moss causes impaction I removed it all. He kept eating it I seen it only a few times and thought he was drinking from it maybe, but now I'm worried about impaction he is only about 6 weeks old best guess, March 8th he still had skin on his belly from the egg sack healing. What foods will cause diharea, ill do 3 soaks a day and give him foods to give him the runs to see if he will poop and hope he grows fast enough to lass any moss blocks. I did give him some dusting of calcium a few times last week and 2 dmof the veggie dusting vitamins so I'm hoping I went to much on it and he is just bound up I did find a solid poop that had a peice of moss that looked slightly broke down, but the poop wasn't slimy like the others have been, it was also ball shaped not log shaped. And darker brown, blackish, the others were usual brown.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Today is the 2nd day of a 15 to 20 min soak, ill let him soak longer today and even replace water with warmer water after it cools to try to get things moving. He was in a half moss half coco coir for 2 weeks and after being told moss causes impaction I removed it all. He kept eating it I seen it only a few times and thought he was drinking from it maybe, but now I'm worried about impaction he is only about 6 weeks old best guess, March 8th he still had skin on his belly from the egg sack healing. What foods will cause diharea, ill do 3 soaks a day and give him foods to give him the runs to see if he will poop and hope he grows fast enough to lass any moss blocks. I did give him some dusting of calcium a few times last week and 2 dmof the veggie dusting vitamins so I'm hoping I went to much on it and he is just bound up I did find a solid poop that had a peice of moss that looked slightly broke down, but the poop wasn't slimy like the others have been, it was also ball shaped not log shaped. And darker brown, blackish, the others were usual brown.
Cucumber is usually good at causing the runs. I suggest you feed it in very thin slices, or chop it up small.
Good luck.
Angie

Avuwyy

Liverpool, Merseyside
Aloe vera, Opuntia cactus pads (Prickly pear), basically any safe succulents can cause loose stool / diarrhoea. Feeds high in water content will also soften stool.

What is your tortoise’s diet looking like on a normal week? You may need to add a little more fibre to help things along. Also what are your temperatures inside the enclosure like?

Torkoal#1

Dadeville
Cucumber is usually good at causing the runs. I suggest you feed it in very thin slices, or chop it up small.
Good luck.
Angie
Thank you so much. Is it possible he hasn't pooped in two-day from the calcium powder and vitamin powder from the last week? Or he is eating it maybe?

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thank you so much. Is it possible he hasn't pooped in two-day from the calcium powder and vitamin powder from the last week? Or he is eating it maybe?
Yes, you may be overdoing the supplements, but i don't know if that would affect him in that way - he is very young still, so I would leave them out until he has recovered, and then start adding a tiny amount a couple of times a week.
Angie

Torkoal#1

Dadeville
Yes, you may be overdoing the supplements, but i don't know if that would affect him in that way - he is very young still, so I would leave them out until he has recovered, and then start adding a tiny amount a couple of times a week.
Angie
He didn't poop today either so 2 days no poop that I've seen unless he is pooping then eating it or it's covered in coco coir

Torkoal#1

Dadeville
UPDATE HE POOPED A NORMAL POOP TODAY 💩 😀 I'm so happy. He will still be having the coco coir removed Wednesday and Fine orchid bark will be his new substrate. Clean food to come. I only hope he won't try to eat the small bark chunks.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
UPDATE HE POOPED A NORMAL POOP TODAY 💩 😀 I'm so happy. He will still be having the coco coir removed Wednesday and Fine orchid bark will be his new substrate. Clean food to come. I only hope he won't try to eat the small bark chunks.
Congratulations !!!
Angie