3 1/2 year old Leopard for Adoption in KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicciu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
Hello Tortoise community,

I have been a member on here a while, but I'm shy on the internet so I haven't posted many things. I have a three 1/2 year old leopard that I want to re-home. It breaks my heart to see him go, but he grew sooooo fast and he has long since outgrown his indoor inclosure. My fiancé and I both work and live in an apartment, so there is no room to build a bigger enclosure, nor is there a yard to build him something outside. It's simply not fair to Nico to make him wait however many years it takes to live somewhere where he will have the room and care he needs. We would keep him if we could, but I hate how cooped up he is. We do let him out of the enclosure to rome, but our cat is "interested" so we must always keep an eye out. We will be very picky about who we let take him, as we want him to go to someone who has more room and can take better care of him than we have been able to. And we care! Nico had a respiratory infection as a baby and we took him to the vet and got him the shots he needed. If you are interested you must be willing to do this for him again if the situation arises! He will also (obviously) get big, so we want him to go somewhere either with a warm climate so he can have a large outdoor space or to someone with a large enclosure to give him the space he needs inside. We will want to see pictures and know how you would care for him. We want a small undetermined re-homing fee for him. We will not ship, but we are willing to drive and meet someone, so the re-homing fee is more for reimbursement of travel expenses.

A little about Nico:

We received him a few years ago from a fellow forum member who had two babies that were fighting. We got him for free knowing we would take good care of him, and now want the same now that we have to give him up. He was doing great on his own, despite that respiratory problem. He looooovvves to eat and take a big nap right after meals. Whenever he is out of his cage roaming around the apartment he likes to establish a route and walk around the same track over and over! He also has taken lately to napping in his water dish, which makes me think of tortoise-hot tub. He sticks his giant pink tongue out when he eats and his eyes get so big! He is a sweetheart and not aggressive, though he is still young. We actually don't really know if he is male or female at this time.

I don't quite remember how to put pictures up, so they will be coming, but my profile picture is him from a couple years ago. Please PM me if interested, and don't be discouraged if you don't live super close! I am willing to drive and have friends who go home to other states during the year. I also am more concerned with finding him the right home than a fast home, so if you can get him in a few months thats okay too!

- Nichole

nicciu

5 Year Member
Kansas
I just changed my profile picture to be a quick one I took of him this morning!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Nichole:

I'm so sorry you have to find a new home for your little leopard tortoise. I'm sure you will be able to place him in a good home with one of our members.

Phoenix, AZ
I would love to pay shipping to bring your little guy out here to join our Leopard family! We have 2 male and 2 female adults, as well as a 4 year old and 5 babies!! Please message me!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I hope you find Nico a home but you can't ask for a rehoming fee in the adoption section. It may need to be moved to the "for sale" section.
@Yvonne G

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry - I missed the fact that they're asking a small re-homing fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.