3 Sulcatas in Virginia

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
We had a beautiful day in the Northern Neck of Virginia today. Took Thomas out to where he will spend this summer and he seemed to take to the change very well. He explored and nibbled on different things and he surprised me on how quick he ventured into his heated barrel. I almost missed it.Picture 001.jpgHe stayed in for a while then came back out. he did this several times throughout the day.Picture 016.jpgDonald spent most of the day out and has decided to rearrange some of the sedum pots.Picture 010.jpgPicture 011.jpgAnd Walker did what he usually does.Picture 018.jpgPicture 021.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Yesterday we had a lot of rain, the temps were warm and Walker enjoyed it. In this first pic he was throwing water onto his back but with the delay you get with a digital camera. I couldn't time it right to get a good pic of ut.Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgPicture 004.jpgthis is Walker enjoying some dandelions after his bath.Picture 006.jpgWinter showed back up today with temps in the low 40s with high winds. But he still came out to eat about 6pm.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yesterday we had a lot of rain, the temps were warm and Walker enjoyed it. In this first pic he was throwing water onto his back but with the delay you get with a digital camera. I couldn't time it right to get a good pic of ut.View attachment 322294View attachment 322295View attachment 322296this is Walker enjoying some dandelions after his bath.View attachment 322297Winter showed back up today with temps in the low 40s with high winds. But he still came out to eat about 6pm.
We had a drop here too. Mid 30’s at night. All of my boys came out late in the afternoon yesterday as well! I’m seeing lots of growth lines on my two brothers And I see a few on Walker also;-). Spring is sprung!!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Looking good Len! We were below freezing here last night. ❄️❄️ with some graupel throughout the day. Our Sully will be out soon. BUT, we do have fresh dandelions & Red Deadnettle.

Len B

10 Year Member!
We had a drop here too. Mid 30’s at night. All of my boys came out late in the afternoon yesterday as well! I’m seeing lots of growth lines on my two brothers And I see a few on Walker also;-). Spring is sprung!!!
It was cold again today, 40s. The winds coming across the Potomac River make it feel bitter. I have all 3 outside and they are doing fine. Today I grabbed some chickweed for Donald and spread piles of it around his yard for him to find.Picture 003.jpgPicture 005.jpgPicture 006.jpgAnd Thomas came out for a bitePicture 009.jpgand then went back in to warm up.Picture 012.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 5

Len B

10 Year Member!
Looking good Len! We were below freezing here last night. ❄️❄️ with some graupel throughout the day. Our Sully will be out soon. BUT, we do have fresh dandelions & Red Deadnettle.
Probably get down to freezing again tonight. My weeds are doing great. So good that I will have to get the lawn mower out next week.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Back in November I bought Paint for Donald's house, but the weather turned cold and wet until recently. So today I took the can of paint back to the store and had it shaken again and finished caulking and painted his house.Picture 006.jpgPicture 007.jpg Donald didn't seem to notice the difference but I think it looks much better.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Back in November I bought Paint for Donald's house, but the weather turned cold and wet until recently. So today I took the can of paint back to the store and had it shaken again and finished caulking and painted his house.View attachment 322748View attachment 322749 Donald didn't seem to notice the difference but I think it looks much better.
Looks Great!!!

Len B

10 Year Member!
So far we are still having a close to average spring. Today I put some coconut oil on Donald and Thomas. Thomas first,Picture 003.jpgPicture 004.jpgThomas is living outside full time now and has settled in and getting back to normal activities after some time getting used to the change. he has grown some. A little over 3 and half poundsPicture 005.jpg DonaldIs enjoying his larger roaming space, Here he is coming out for some more sun,Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgWalker didn't come out until the sun was going down but got some pics.Picture 014.jpgPicture 017.jpgPicture 018.jpgPicture 020.jpgPicture 021.jpg

Jan A

Boulder, CO
So far we are still having a close to average spring. Today I put some coconut oil on Donald and Thomas. Thomas first,View attachment 323148View attachment 323149Thomas is living outside full time now and has settled in and getting back to normal activities after some time getting used to the change. he has grown some. A little over 3 and half poundsView attachment 323150 DonaldIs enjoying his larger roaming space, Here he is coming out for some more sun,View attachment 323152View attachment 323151Walker didn't come out until the sun was going down but got some pics.View attachment 323153View attachment 323154View attachment 323156View attachment 323157View attachment 323158
Handsome boys, one & all! So Walter is still coming out late in the day? How late does he stay up?