3 y/o Redfoot Tortoise For Sale (Please Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabby-J

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
(Sorry this is long-posted elsewhere and copied my post)

PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE CONTACTING ME

**Located in Roseville, Michigan** 48066

We have a Redfoot tortoise for adoption to a experienced, loving forever home only. He/she have been raised properly, feed correctly and in great health, tested for worms. Looking to be a male but still unsure of sex at this time.

***Can not live with other tortoises! Currently living with other tortoises since a hatchling and not doing well with them! Must be an only tortoise in enclosure! Please don't inquire if you want a "friend" for your tortoise! This tortoise will not eat or thrive if it is living with other tortoises!***

ONLY contact me if you have experience, tell me about your enclosure (no fish tanks!) and that you understand how to care for a redfoot tortoise. They can live up to 50+ years, eat a varied diet and need special temp/humidity requirements. I will not deliver, ship or trade. Pics only to serious adopters

Adoption fee $100/for tortoise only no supplies or cage

UPDATE: PLEASE READ:
This was my 2nd tortoise and I have had her in a large enclosure with 3 others and have had nothing but issues ever since she was a hatchling. She refuses to eat unless she is alone, I've tried multiple feeding areas but she wont eat.. Too many people want to keep her with other animals and tortoises and it wont work or I would just keep her. It's not fair for her to live with other tortoises, not all tortoises are social and she is not whatsoever. If she is kept with other tortoises she tries to escape, won't eat and gets stressed and that is not a fair life for her to live with me or anyone else that wants to keep her with other tortoises. They all live in a very large enclosure and have been spoiled since I got them all.

I take them outside and they eat better than I do. I don't want her to just go to anyone so I'm being very picky to make sure she is kept alone in her own proper enclosure. Everyone I've explained this too is confused but not all tortoises like to live with others and mine is proof of that. When she was small I could keep her alone in her own enclosure but now its hard as I don't have the space. I'm also having issues with people that want to keep her in an open enclosure when redfoots need humidity at 80-85% and a tortoise table will not be correct and will cause respiratory issues and not enough constant humidity.

I keep mine in a closed chamber enclosure with proper humidity and 80 degree temps, unless we lived somewhere humid, redfoots should not live in an open air enclosure and are exposed to drafts and dry air which will cause health issues and make their shells bumpy like I see so many that are bumpy and they should not look like that. I also use ambient heat, no heat lamps so the temps are consistent in the enclosure with cooler darker spots for sleeping. Redfoots do not bask and do not require heat lamps or basking lights like desert tortoises require.

Conclusion...I'm looking for only the BEST home for my tortoise!!! You must:

-Have an CLOSED enclosure already setup for this tortoise before adopting!
-Have experience and knowledge of what they eat (varied diet) Dark leafy greens, fruits, mushrooms, proteins...

My adoption fee is firm and very reasonable! Adults can go for MUCH more and will not be in good health! If you cannot afford the supplies/enclosure to get her started then you should not adopt this tortoise! Again I am firm on the fee!

20294062_1915298772041445_5615391677846544196_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.