300 gallon stock tank upgrade :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan512

5 Year Member
just bought a 300 gallon stock tank that im going 2 make into a pond , right now its prtty bare i am going to set it up when i get a good filter for it .any recommendations on what kind i should get? anyway heres some photos

photo-12.jpg

photo-13.jpg

photo-14.jpg

jonathan512

5 Year Member
Ha ha ha that's what it is for now ,in two weeks I'll have the money for a pump that way I can get this pond Rollin

juntao

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area, Ca.
a fluval fx5 will work well with your 300 gallon setup! also depends on what you're going to house in there..

jonathan512

5 Year Member
juntao said:
a fluval fx5 will work well with your 300 gallon setup! also depends on what you're going to house in there..

thnx ,turtles and fish

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Do you have updated pictures of your new pond? I would love to see them. Did you decide on a filter?

jonathan512

5 Year Member
Momof4 said:
Do you have updated pictures of your new pond? I would love to see them. Did you decide on a filter?

i havent had time to build a filter yet ,im hoping this weekend will be the weekend ill finally be able 2 do it XD anyway i have Turk (my biggest turtle) living in the pond and he loves it! its still very bare ive really been slacking =/

photo-34.jpg

photo-35.jpg

photo-36.jpg

Turk isnt visible in the photos but hes in there lol i have colorado lily pads in there and some duck weed , still much 2 come i want to get a UV sterilizer in there eventually as well

jonathan512

5 Year Member
Momof4 said:

i havent had time to build a filter yet ,im hoping this weekend will be the weekend ill finally be able 2 do it XD anyway i have Turk (my biggest turtle) living in the pond and he loves it! its still very bare ive really been slacking =/

photo-34.jpg

photo-35.jpg

photo-36.jpg

Turk isnt visible in the photos but hes in there lol i have colorado lily pads in there and some duck weed , still much 2 come i want to get a UV sterilizer in there eventually as well

ill be making more updates once theres more stuff in there :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have used the Skippy filter twice now...once for my mud-hole-in-the-ground pond and once for my 600 gallon galvanized stock tank. It works great, is cheap and easy to build:

http://skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It's a good start. My stock tank is still at the feed store. How often do you empty it w/o a filter?

jonathan512

5 Year Member
Momof4 said:
It's a good start. My stock tank is still at the feed store. How often do you empty it w/o a filter?

every 2 weeks it would get very dirty

So ive finally had the chance to make the skippy filter ! right now it looks kind of Bootleg but ill have it looking a little more decent in a few weeks. for media filter i used lava rocks just becouse its cheap ,later i want to complement it with some sponges well c what happens. its been about a week since i cleaned the pond so im just gunna let the filter take over , im hoping it cleans it for the most part atleast. im using a 330 gph pond pump and i think the plastic container that im using is about 10 or 15 gallons somewhere around there so ive got my fingers crossed and hoping thats big enough, i want to get a UV sterilizer later. anyway phase 1 of the skippy filter project complete :)

photo-40.jpg

photo-39.jpg

photo-38.jpg

photo-37.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.