4 tortoises need new home ASAP

Greenlant408

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
My mother had 4 red footed tortoises but passed away on October 8. Need to find them a new home by the end of the month. I can not keep the in my rented apartment. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ADOPT THESE TORTOISES!
I live in Wise Virginia
Must be able to come and get them.
[email protected]
276-952-8085
Frank Hall

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
My sincere condolences for your loss.

I'm sure you'll find a home, but please don't rush the process. Take your time finding an owner who will provide the best care.

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
I'm very sorry about your loss. I wish I could help you with the red foots, but I have too much already. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck finding homes for them.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Here also.
I'm sorry for your loss and am too far away to offer to take them.
But please let us assist you with their care until youve found them a home.
Ask any question that you may have in a separate post.

wccmog10

Georgia
I am sorry for your loss. Can you give a bit more information about the tortoises? Size, age and gender if you know it, and maybe post a few photos?

Vince

Orlando
My mother had 4 red footed tortoises but passed away on October 8. Need to find them a new home by the end of the month. I can not keep the in my rented apartment. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ADOPT THESE TORTOISES!
I live in Wise Virginia
Must be able to come and get them.
[email protected]
276-952-8085
Frank Hall

Hello my condolences for your loss of mom. I reached out to my brother who lives in W. Virginia to contact you for your location and details on tortoises, maybe we can help. I live in Florida and would like to get them down here eventually, thank you.

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Love the "Mtn Dew" size comparison [emoji23]

Also, take some pictures of there underside. We'll let you know their sexes.

StephandTay

Lodi, WI
I am very sorry for your loss :( Would you be willing to ship? I am in Wisconsin and could possibly take one off your hands but I am not available to pick up and drive to Virginia. Did they just roam your mothers home?

polDurna

New Castle, PA.
There is a regional herp Rescue in Cleaveland OH, I say regional because they rescue for 6 states around named HerpsAlive.org. they have a facebook page and a web site, they are really good folk. I would take them but I have no transport from New Castle PA.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I sent you a private message, please check your inbox.
Check your Tortoise Forum inbox. The link for your inbox is at the top of the screen on the right. I am a member of a tortoise society in the VA area that can foster your tortoises until we can find them a good home. I can drive to meet you wherever you are in VA.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Check your Tortoise Forum inbox. The link for your inbox is at the top of the screen on the right. I am a member of a tortoise society in the VA area that can foster your tortoises until we can find them a good home. I can drive to meet you wherever you are in VA.

Hooray:<3::):tort:!

Mr. John

Vienna, Virginia
Could you give me more information about the tortoise society in VA. I am in Vienna, VA and looking for a good home for a yellowfoot. Thanks.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Could you give me more information about the tortoise society in VA. I am in Vienna, VA and looking for a good home for a yellowfoot. Thanks.
It's the Mid Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise Society (MATTS). Send me a private message with your email address and/or phone number, any details you know about your tortoise such as age, gender and origin along with a picture of your Yellowfoot and I will get the foster/adoption process started for you.

It looks like there is already a new home found local to the OP for the four redfoots.

Vince

Orlando
It's the Mid Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise Society (MATTS). Send me a private message with your email address and/or phone number, any details you know about your tortoise such as age, gender and origin along with a picture of your Yellowfoot and I will get the foster/adoption process started for you.

It looks like there is already a new home found local to the OP for the four redfoots.
Great news for the redfoots

Mr. John

Vienna, Virginia
Looking for a good home for Sammy our yellowfoot. We have had her for 14+ years but are unable to continue to provide the attention she needs. She is about 15 lbs.

Attachments

• Sammy2.png
    Sammy2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • Sammy1.PNG
    Sammy1.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
  • Sammy 1.JPG
    Sammy 1.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Sammy 2.JPG
    Sammy 2.JPG