4 weeks old and scaling great heights!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Little mountain goat! They do love living on the edge, don't they?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
well if you consider where the Russian tortoise originated from the mountains of Afghanistan this particular species will probably have more opportunities to climb than others. Still not safe of course but they seem to like to do it

Alexio

Syracuse, New York
This morning when I went to check on my torts I heard a crunching plastic sound, upon further investigation I found this:

I was particularly impressed because the tarp is at a 80-85 degree angle and has no grip or texture at all and she got about another inch or two higher before sliding to the bottom again. (She repeated this sliding process for roughly a half hour before finally accepting defeat. )

Crzt4torts

5 Year Member
Northeastern US
well if you consider where the Russian tortoise originated from the mountains of Afghanistan this particular species will probably have more opportunities to climb than others. Still not safe of course but they seem to like to do it
Yes, I have since dug the log hide into the substrate and filled around it with coir. My first hatchlings...even with all the reading I did ahead, I am still learning with them!

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
How cute ! My max is a climber. I have the plastic (no wooden) log hides unfortunately but he ALWAYS climbs up in the mornings. Very cute. Im planning on having some other things he can climb or walk up on to keep him occupied once the new enclosure is made.