4 year old star tortoise in Vancouver, BC looking for a good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgethestartortoise

5 Year Member
I am moving back to the UK in April 2013 and have a male star tortoise looking for a good home. I bought him from North Vancouver pet boutique in 2009 when he was just under a year old, so that makes him around 4 years old now.

He is in good health, inquisitive, active and eats well:
Video 1 (December 2012)
Video 2 (June 2012)
Video 3 (June 2012)

He has had twice yearly vet visits to the Dunbar Vet Hospital until Dr. Watt retired last year and has had no major health scares since I’ve had him.

His diet has been varied and balanced consisting of Opuntia when available, dandelion greens, kale, romaine and Zoomed natural grassland tortoise food as staples, carrot or squash twice a week and tomato sparingly (he loves it!). He also receives Rep Cal multivitamins and calcium supplements. He has minor pyramiding, but nothing out of the ordinary for a star. He has always had a cuttlebone available but never touches it. His beak will need to be trimmed in the not too distant future.

His weight has increased steadily over the past 4 years and continues to do so:
Jan 2012
June 2012
Dec 2012

He currently lives in a 5 foot by 2'4" tortoise table:
Tortoise Table 2009
Tortoise Table 2011
Tortoise Table 2011.2
Tortoise Table 2012
Tortoise Table 2012.2

The table is on wheels so can be moved easily:
Wheels 1
Wheels 2
Wheels 3

I paid $800 for this guy in 2009 and I would like to recoup as much of that as possible, but my priority is really to ensure that he is going to a good home where there is enough space for him and he will be properly cared for. Included with him are the tortoise table and a variety of lights, heaters, food, supplements, substrate and a couple of books so really he is all set up and ready to go for the right person.

George 1
George 2

Size and weight photos taken December 17th 2012

Please contact me at [email protected] and let me know your experience with tortoises, stars, whether you can accommodate the table etc. and I will get back to you. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.