4th Annual TTPG Conference

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
The 4th annual TTPG conference will be November 14th and 15th, so start booking your flights and hotel rooms now!

I've been to the 1st and 3rd and enjoyed both. So far the conferences have been slightly turtle heavy, but the tortoise stuff is usually very good. Even some of the turtle stuff can be applied to tortoises so it's not all too boring. Last year's highlight for me was the discussion on the Galapagos tortoise and the current conservation efforts happening on the Galapagos islands. That alone was well worth the fee as far as I'm concerned. I enjoyed the camaraderie more than anything at both events...I don't get to talk tortoises much in person so it's a nice release to talk tortoises face to face with other people who share the same level of interest.

For someone like me who lives about 10 minutes from where the conference is held, it's definitely a must attend event! For others, I would encourage you to at least think about it. I have my own opinion on TTPG which I'll keep to myself...it's not a perfect organization, but I think it has a lot of potential. The more people that attend these events, the better and more informative they will become in the future, so give it a good think.

As an extra incentive - For anyone that attends, I've got the inside scoop on a fantastic Mexican restaurant very close by. You won't be disappointed! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm bringing Yvonne this year. Even if I have to go get her myself.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I tried looking them up last week online, but could not find anything showing what this year's talks will be on. Do you have such a list?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Dang. I meant to go this year. But those fall on dates I will be out of town for. Maybe next year....again.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
You are seriously tempting me! (Especially with the Mexican food. Yum!)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
They've only announced a few topics so far - edible plants for tortoises, breeding egyptian tortoises, and new incubator design. They said they are looking for more and to contact them if you're interested.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Neal said:
They've only announced a few topics so far - edible plants for tortoises, breeding egyptian tortoises, and new incubator design. They said they are looking for more and to contact them if you're interested.

Yeah, the full schedule has yet to be determined.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Will said:
Fat chance!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using TortForum mobile app

Tom said:

Fat chance!

Will

Sent from my SGH-T889 using TortForum mobile app

Actually Yvonne has been planning this for a couple of years. She almost went last year. This year she is really excited about going.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Will said:
Tom said:

Fat chance!

Will

No, really! I am planning to attend. We just have to work out how Tom and I are going to get together. And being in November, gives me lots of time to psych myself up for going.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If we pick you up from the Clovis airport, is flying an option? If not, we will drive.

I will make hotel reservations in the next couple of days. I've got a cheap, but nice one near the conference that I go to. I'll reserve one for you too.

Yvonne G said:
Will said:
Tom said:

Fat chance!

Will

No, really! I am planning to attend. We just have to work out how Tom and I are going to get together. And being in November, gives me lots of time to psych myself up for going.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK on the reservation. And flying is quite ok with me.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I would go just to see who Yvonne is but that's the same week as the reptile show in Mesa AZ . And last year I went to one in Vagas and the one in Mesa was bigger ! Sorry

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
I would go just to see who Yvonne is but that's the same week as the reptile show in Mesa AZ . And last year I went to one in Vagas and the one in Mesa was bigger ! Sorry

The TTPG conference and the Mesa reptile show are held at the same venue. The show is the two days after the conference.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
sorry if this is a dumb question, im still in my first year with the torts!, but a tort meeting with other people who love animals sounds great!!.. were does this take place??

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I won't be going if Yvonne goes. :p

IBeenEasy said:
sorry if this is a dumb question, im still in my first year with the torts!, but a tort meeting with other people who love animals sounds great!!.. were does this take place??

Sorry, I should have explained that part a little better. The conference is held in Mesa, Arizona.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well I guess I'll be there cause I take the whole week off so my boss cannt spoil it for me . He's tryed the last two years . But his boss lets him work for me and I take my vacation .

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I was just informed by Neal that this is literally like 5mins from my house. I will rent out my spare rooms in exchange for torts!! haha :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
immayo said:
I was just informed by Neal that this is literally like 5mins from my house. I will rent out my spare rooms in exchange for torts!! haha :p

Darn, I don't have any spares.

Tom said:
If we pick you up from the Clovis airport, is flying an option? If not, we will drive.

I will make hotel reservations in the next couple of days. I've got a cheap, but nice one near the conference that I go to. I'll reserve one for you too.

Yvonne G said:
Will said:
Tom said:

Fat chance!

Will

Tom, I still think you need to have Cory swing his plane in a sorta wide turn and make another stop at the Fairbury, NE airport. :D