5 month old Hermann's tort

smashley

Location (City and/or State)
marysville, washington
hello. i have my little turt reynolds, my baby hermann's, who was born in august. i live in northwestern washington state. we don't have a lot of the dietary needs that they seem to like up here. i've been feeding him "organic girl baby kale spring mix" every day and i'm worried that it may not give him all the nutrients he needs. i just bought some zilla dried veggie mix to add to his diet, and i also have some mazuri that i'll give him once in awhile. i just bought a dandelion and grass kit that i can start growing as well. what other produce can i get at the grocery store to supplement his diet? he's about 37g. i also give him calcium w/d3 on monday wednesday and friday, along with a cuttlebone in his enclosure. here's a pic of when he decided to go 4 wheelin up a ramp decoration

Attachments

• turt.jpg
    turt.jpg
    947.3 KB · Views: 9

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Optunia Cactus pads, ridicchio, endive, mustard greens are a few better things that can be found at the grocery store.
@Kapidolo Farms also sells many dried ingredients that can be added.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
What a cute little guy!!

From up there, he is "Master of all he surveys"!

LOL

Welcome to the club! Check out the care sheets, they will tell you all you need to know and if you want to know something specific, these guys here will hook you up!

good luck!

jeff

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Yes it's always good to order more dry stuff to add for vitamins! I just ordered my babies 4 new bags of snacks myself.