$50 TortoiseSupply.com Photo Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onarock

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
Thought about entering a photo, but I saw TerryO already did... game over.
What are you going to spend your $50 gift cert. on?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You people are all very nice, and thanks for the compliments, but I only have 3 votes, and I think that the Leash Animal Rescue will win hands down.....and they need it anyway, but I voted for you Kristina, cause you have sooooooo many mouths to feed. :D:D

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
This is annoying. I have had at least 4 people "like" my picture that didn't show up on your page as "liked". Why is that??? :(

Are they still going through, just not showing up on my end?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Today a few people wrote to me to say they couldn't get the like to show. I think you have to go to the top of the page and click like to be able to vote. Friends from my face book said they voted and it's not showing too.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I'm not sure there's ever been a Facebook contest that went smoothly, or that didn't have a dispute about the winning photo. I do my best to keep it smooth. My dart frog buddy (Todd at Tropical Ecos) just had a terrarium contest that got real ugly since the winner had fake plants instead of live plants (the definition of terrarium came into question, since some people thought a terrarium has to have live plants and others disagreed). A bunch of idiots afterwards got upset at him because of the way the voting turned out.

You do have to be subscribed to the page in order to vote (which is kinda the intent of the contest, to build traffic and members). As much as I like all you guys, I can't offer $50 credit all the time just because you're cute :)

I really like Terry's photo, that green background/foreground is great. Several other nice photos too.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
TylerStewart said:
I'm not sure there's ever been a Facebook contest that went smoothly, or that didn't have a dispute about the winning photo. I do my best to keep it smooth. My dart frog buddy (Todd at Tropical Ecos) just had a terrarium contest that got real ugly since the winner had fake plants instead of live plants (the definition of terrarium came into question, since some people thought a terrarium has to have live plants and others disagreed). A bunch of idiots afterwards got upset at him because of the way the voting turned out.

You do have to be subscribed to the page in order to vote (which is kinda the intent of the contest, to build traffic and members). As much as I like all you guys, I can't offer $50 credit all the time just because you're cute :)

I really like Terry's photo, that green background/foreground is great. Several other nice photos too.

But I am really really cute. or so I have been told.
Seriously once terryo enters a enclosures contest I would never enter mine are functional but very ugly.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
dmmj said:
But I am really really cute. or so I have been told.
Seriously once terryo enters a enclosures contest I would never enter mine are functional but very ugly.

I have heard you were quite cute, can't remember who told me that, but if cuteness was the criteria for handing out website credits, I'm afraid they would all go to females.

This can be the excuse you were looking for to get some pens nice and green. You know how much mouth-watering, A-grade, Nevada grown cactus you could get with $50 credit? At least, like.... A bunch. My pens are admittedly also more fuction than fashion. I have found that fashion tends to be high maintenance. Green grass, few palm trees, African sumac, and a hidebox is function, for me. May never win a contest with it, but I don't have to pick weeds, straighten rocks and rake fallen leaves.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
David, I never won a contest in my life....well not on this forum anyway. The people on this forum take pictures that should be in a magazine, and I couldn't ever compete with them. :rolleyes:
Looks like the rescue is going to win, and well deserved, I would say.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
All I know terro is that if you or candy enter a enclosure contest, I will most likely not enter, not angry or anything just stating my opinion. I always enjoy pics of your guys enclosures, as for kyrrah I have only seen her musk turtle tank, so I can't comment on more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.