50 year old Cali Desert Tort up for adoption- owners having life changes

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco Bay Area
I received this request for help, and wondered if anybody with experience can take this wonderful old desert tort from this couple who is regretfully giving him up due to life changes - please email them directly with email addresses at the end, if you are interested or know somebody who can help them find this old guy's forever home soon:

Karen, I am posting this in hopes of getting the word out of our need to find a home for our desert tortoise..
It is registered with the state. it is a male, not sure of age, 12 inches front of shell to end of shell, we have had it at least 20 yr, thinking it is maybe 50-60 years.

We cannot keep him due to life changes.

It seems that you may be connected with this group.

We live in Simi Valley and will deliver the turtle to person interested in taking him.

He is healthy and active, good appetite. If need be we will have a health exam prior to his adoption.

This is a urgent and immediate request. 2 emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

aka_et

I received this request for help, and wondered if anybody with experience can take this wonderful old desert tort from this couple who is regretfully giving him up due to life changes - please email them directly with email addresses at the end, if you are interested or know somebody who can help them find this old guy's forever home soon:

Karen, I am posting this in hopes of getting the word out of our need to find a home for our desert tortoise..
It is registered with the state. it is a male, not sure of age, 12 inches front of shell to end of shell, we have had it at least 20 yr, thinking it is maybe 50-60 years.

We cannot keep him due to life changes.

It seems that you may be connected with this group.

We live in Simi Valley and will deliver the turtle to person interested in taking him.

He is healthy and active, good appetite. If need be we will have a health exam prior to his adoption.

This is a urgent and immediate request. 2 emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Hi just wondering if you have found a good home for your baby?

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco Bay Area
Hi just wondering if you have found a good home for your baby?

Hi - I'm so sorry it took me this long to reply. Yes, I was just posting for the owners, as they aren't sure how to use social media... They found a wonderful young man to take over care of their "baby" and he only lives about a mile from them, so the tortoise will still be in the same California microclimate, and will still be able to visit with them when they come over. He's got a lot of land, and already houses several tortoises- so he has a specially-built pen just for him now, with a lot of attention and TLC. Thanks for your enquiry.