6th Annual Tortoise Forum Calendar Photo Contest!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Anthony P said:
Oh boy. Time to start brainstorming....

Hey I'm brainstorming! No stealing my thunder Mr! Lol

Can't wait to see the submissions

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
I entered i wish there was a way to know it was received or not. Hopefully i used the right format.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Yvonne G said:
Sorry, I thought we had changed that to "chelonian." Any turtle or tortoise is ok to enter the contest.

Oh man!!!! Darn!

I wish I knew that. I have so many more turtles than tortoises.

Yvonne, do you know if all photo contests from now on will be open to all "chelonians?"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui is the one who is putting on all the contests. We all get together and amend and work on the rules, so it's a combined effort. But for now, all I remember changing turtle/tortoise to chelonian was for the calendar contest. I see no reason to limit the other contests, but I'll ask Jacqui and the other mods.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
sissyofone said:
I entered i wish there was a way to know it was received or not. Hopefully i used the right format.

I'm wondering the same thing...I'm a little worried my file was too big to go through. If that's the case, there's always next year. :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
sunshine_hugs said:
sissyofone said:

I'm wondering the same thing...I'm a little worried my file was too big to go through. If that's the case, there's always next year. :)

After the submission deadline passes, a thread will be made showing all entries so you can make sure yours is included.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
On October 16th, you can check if your photo was entered. You have just one day to confirm your picture before voting starts on October 17-24th.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
sunshine_hugs said:
sissyofone said:

After the submission deadline passes, a thread will be made showing all entries so you can make sure yours is included.

Thank you. Sorry, I must have missed that. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Anthony P said:
Yvonne G said:
Sorry, I thought we had changed that to "chelonian." Any turtle or tortoise is ok to enter the contest.

Oh man!!!! Darn!

I wish I knew that. I have so many more turtles than tortoises.

Yvonne, do you know if all photo contests from now on will be open to all "chelonians?"

I have had the monthly one open to any chelonian pictures.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
sissyofone said:
Is there a way to find out if your photo was accepted? Im curios to know. Lol

On the 16th there will be a thread with all the photos. On the 17th the voting begins.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
We could use some more entries!!
There's never too many!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Where do i find my member id # ??? I tried pm the mods noone replys...can anyone help???????

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
mainey34 said:
Where do i find my member id # ??? I tried pm the mods noone replys...can anyone help???????

In case anyone else is wondering what this question means, the I.D. we're looking for is your username, not your member I.D. #.

Up at the very top of the page, above the web address line, your member I.D. shows up when you are on your user CP page. I think it's a chronological number of members joined. For example, when you pull up Josh's user cp page up at the top of the screen it says "user-1"

But that's not the I.D. we want for the contest. We only want your username....in this case, mainey34.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Thank you Yvonne...you are the best..and the only one who responded to my Pm after i tried to get like 4 of them...any ways a big star for you today... :)

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Just uploaded ours. Can't wait to see all the submissions and start the voting!