7 year old 70 lb sulcata for sale

Dana Leach

Location (City and/or State)
Keller, tx
MODERATOR NOTE: Because this is a special circumstance, and because the OP has received several helpful comments, I'm leaving this thread open, even though the OP has not met the 100 post rule.

ive have him since he hatched, we have a dog who won’t stop trying to bite him. Would love to rehome him with someone who is knowledgeable with tortoises. We have a house for him with lights and pig blanket. Small rehomeing fee. Please call if interested we live in Ft Worth to.
817-901-6700
Dana

Last edited by a moderator:

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Sure he's a HE? If you're not positive post pictures of his plastron and we'll confirm... I say this because it's easier to find a home for a female...

Dana Leach

Keller, tx
ive have him since he hatched, we have a dog who won’t stop trying to bite him. Would love to rehome him with someone who is knowledgeable with tortoises. We have a house for him with lights and pig blanket. Small rehomeing fee. Please call if interested we live in Ft Worth to.
817-901-6700
Dana
This is a male

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Wish I could have a sulcata or 8 but they are tooooo....well, everything. Too big, too much of a digger, too expensive to feed, ect. Lol

Dana Leach

Keller, tx
He is not a digger only if there is mud he like to
Fling on his back. As for feeding him he eats mostly the grass in the yard and I will feed some greens.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It is fairly easy to teach a dog to leave a tortoise alone. Look in your area for anyone who does "snake break" clinics. We teach dogs to avoid rattlesnakes for their own safety. No reason we can't teach them to avoid a tortoise for the tortoise's safety. I've done it many times. There is no need to get rid of your tortoise, unless you want to. Any trainer that knows what they are doing can help you, and I'm happy to answer questions from afar for you all day long.

Tortoise_Nerd

5 Year Member
Georgia
I am pretty close to you. How much is the fee? What is he used to eating?