7 year old male Sulcata for adoption - Torrance, California

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I have a male Sulcata (Frank), 7 years old, about 60 pounds, which I must regretfully put up for adoption. The tortoise is located in South Torrance, California (Los Angeles, Area code 90505).

He is perfectly healthy - and would come with a great custom enclosure and heat mat, which cost around $800. I am willing to give him to someone for free if they can prove that they will be providing him with a suitable living environment and care. Nothing too extensive (in terms of proof), but I would like to talk to you on the phone and see pictures of the intended habitat. I have a newborn child at home, I can not currently accommodate a delivery - you would need a truck to pick him and his shelter/heat mat.

I live in an adjacent city to my father, who is getting up there in age. It's finally at the point where because of the tortoises weight, I am concerned about the potential injury to my father if he has to move him or pick him up for any reason. It is simply a risk I can not afford to take. I can pick him up fine, although my availability is limited due to working full time and taking care of a newborn.

Please contact me at [email protected] or 310-987-3465 (via text) for more information and pictures.

s4oBL46.jpg

V571OZn.jpg

4GWElMc.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's too bad. I know this is hard for you. Good luck finding just the right person to care for this tortoise. I love the coming-down-the-steps photo! Shows just how determined these animals can be. (I also love the links shown in your signature!)

Hippytort

10 Year Member!
Southern CA
Thats a beautiful tort. you have there! Too bad you have to give him up. He looks almost identical to mine. I wish I had room to house two or I would take him in.

KatApril

Chicago
Hes gorgeous! So sorry you have to give him up :( id take him off your hands if i had room for another, beautiful animal.

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
It's definitely nothing to be happy about, although we'll feel a lot better when we connect with someone responsible to take care of him in the future. Don't worry, we're not desperate to have him adopted. Finding the right home is more important.

I've always thought he was a handsome tortoise. We've taken (and will continue to take) good care of him!

EllyMae

Shellman, GA
I’m very interested. I would need to ship because I live in GA. I’d pay for shipping of the tortoise and the head mat. Id happily speak to you about my enclosure.