70 degrees and taking advantage

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice, I can't wait till we get warm. That's quite a big yard for him to walk around in. Don't look away for even a second, he could get lost there quick:D. And that's when they are quick too, when your not looking.

alex_ornelas

newark ca
Nice, I can't wait till we get warm. That's quite a big yard for him to walk around in. Don't look away for even a second, he could get lost there quick:D. And that's when they are quick too, when your not looking.
Trust me I've had a few scared lol

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Alex is right, mine is in the bigger side but you need to do the best for yours. You don't want it to grow bigger or smaller because at the end it will have problems

Summer

I put my sulcata out in a large dog crate without the plastic tray. I can move it around at the sun/shade change. I dont have to worry about him walking away

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'll bet you didn't put him out yesterday, Summer. My son in Forney sent me pictures of his snow-covered neighborhood! And by the way...please make a thread in the Introductions and tell us a bit about yourself. And I'd love to see pictures of your little guy!

Summer

I'll bet you didn't put him out yesterday, Summer. My son in Forney sent me pictures of his snow-covered neighborhood! And by the way...please make a thread in the Introductions and tell us a bit about yourself. And I'd love to see pictures of your little guy!
You're right. I havent put them out recently. I have a small torti pen on the side of my house for the summer time. When Daryl gets bigger I have a large field for him. I would love to have a "herd" of sulcatas. I have loved tortoises for years and lost my Junior a couple years ago. Junior was a 17 year old sulcata that i had since he fit in the palm of my hand. I moved back to Texas, my home, 6 years ago after my husband died.

Summer

When your Tortoise get big they do things like mive the furniture and go thru the dry wall. Gotta love it