75 pound, 20 yr old Sulcata looking for a home.

M

Maggie Cummings

The dr who did the ultra sound on Bob is trying to rehome a 20 yr old 75 pound Sulcata. If I can't get rid of it quickly, I am taking it to Yvonne in Calif. I am already committed to a smaller animal, and will drive to Calif soon as the snow stops freaking out, and maybe even I-5 might be plowed.
I know nothing about him, she left a message with me, I returned the call but it was getting late. So anybody who is an experienced keeper, that we all know, who lives in Oregon or Washington, or even Calif, who wants this guy should PM me. I seriously don't want to put a big guy like this one loose in the back of my Camaro to drive him to Yvonne......however, I DO want him to live in better weather. So I am willing to bring him with me to Yvonne, or another Californian, IF I can find or have made a box big enough for this guy, yet small enough to fit in my hot rod. Otherwise, somebody else can take him.....PM me, please

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You keep him Maggie . You're a good Tortoise mom .

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I don't have anywhere to put a sully, I just wanted to say that I would love to see one riding in the front seat of a Camaro. Best of luck, I've seen several come up on the local Craigslist, seems people are just realizing they have to do something with them in the winter and they are offloading them.

M

Maggie Cummings

Hey @DeanS, LaDuke here wants to see a Sulcata in the front seat of an IROC...:<3:

Merry Christmas Dean. heck he's probably out having too much fun playing with his new babies.
Dean, hows Snoflake?

M

Maggie Cummings

You keep him Maggie . You're a good Tortoise mom .

I really am not a good tort keeper. It's just a touch of OCD. Besides, I don't have room for 3 Sulcata. Period! You're bad, step away from a third Sulcata....

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I really am not a good tort keeper. It's just a touch of OCD. Besides, I don't have room for 3 Sulcata. Period! You're bad, step away from a third Sulcata....
Three? I missed something. You said you were committed to one, what second one are you talking about?

M

Maggie Cummings

Three? I missed something. You said you were committed to one, what second one are you talking about?

Possibly one about 7 months old now, I forget exactly. So 'maybe' I am going to jog over to San Jose to get the little sick one, but the keeper now can't decide so she's going to think some more about it. She's bonded with him, yet can't give him the correct habitat or food. So that one has suddenly gone up in the air.
I am committed to the 3yr(or4 or 5 yr)old in SoCal. But I also know I can help that baby if we hurry up and improve every thing...well you all know what will happen if we don't; his carapace is already soft.

M

Maggie Cummings

I will have 2 the week end of the 29th, I will drive to Calif to get them, taking 100 pound Rasputin, to my sis. Bringing back 30 pound Tuck and an unnamed hatchling. I am very excited.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think she was asking if you have received the one you're taking to your sister yet. I'd like to see pictures if you have him.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I love the name Tuck for a tortoise!

M

Maggie Cummings

I think she was asking if you have received the one you're taking to your sister yet. I'd like to see pictures if you have him.

Oh, no not yet, I'm kinda thinking the owner is a procrastinator. he's a professor, and teaches some environmental, chemical type thing I didn't understand. But I'm thinkin, he's having trouble making the box as I said use screws, not nails. Well, I procrastinated, so now my cinder blocks are iced to the ground and we have ice balls falling from the sky. It's so slippery ya can't even walk on the road. I hear a lot of sirens, cuz I live a couple of miles from the hospital.
Why do people with 4 wheel drive think it's gonna make any difference on the ice? Then all 4 of your tires are spinning and you'e still sliding. It's serious iced over out there.

M

Maggie Cummings

Razzy has been taken to Clovis Turtle and Tortoise rescue in Calif. I no longer have him, but he is up for adoptions, ask Yvonne.

Moderators, Razzy is gone to Y now, do we delete this post or just a notice like I did?