8 in. 3 year old Greek

Chloe_1102

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Hello! My Greek tort Hazel is sliding into her third birthday this September. She’s doing wonderful, seems to be as happy as can be (now that she’s calmed down from the move). No pyramiding, no problematic poops or urates. Eats mizuri, spring mix, clover, dandelion alternating them. I have not been the best tort mom, as I have not been weighing her. I ordered a scale and should be tracking that soon (so then I can use the size/weight ratio scale). I’ve read several articles and forums, but I cannot quite seem to find what I’m looking for.

She’s less than three years old, and the length of her plastron is 8 inches! I feel like she’s a monster! Has anyone else experienced a Greek getting this large this young? Everything I can find says “5-7” “5-8”?? But I’m seeing pictures of others torts looking much bigger than that too. IMG_0807.jpgIMG_0823.jpgIMG_0824.jpgIMG_0825.jpgIMG_0738.jpg

She’s adorable so I’m attaching pictures. (The strawberry was a treat- she gets one RARELY) (the rest of her substrate has been added and her backing spot does not sit up high like that anymore)

Chloe_1102

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Anddddd if I just would have read the “Greek Tortoise Care Guide” first, I would have figured it out haha! Found the info I was looking for! Sorry guys! Totally ignore this post.