8 Month Old, Rocks in Poop?

Tank & Scooter

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I just adopted an 8 month old sulcata about 3 days ago. Today when I gave him bath he pooped after 20 min, I changed water and after 10 min he pooped again and I seen these rocks floating.

This is her 3rd poop I seen her take and other 2 looked healthy, just lack of fiber. Only thing I noticed is that the 8 month old poop wasn't that much bigger than the poops of my 3 month old.

This tort way bigger so I thought poops would be bigger. Nope just a little bit bigger

Do you guy's think these are calcium poop from her cuddle bone ? But I've only had it 3 days, not sure if previous owner Fed cuddle bone. Also I broke big black peice in half, looks like compressed poop or maybe even substrate

Maybe rocks it ate at previous owners?

IM WORRIED THIS CAN BE THOSE STONES THAT THEY GET FROM DEHYDRATION. I'VE HAD HER 3 DAYS AND GAVE HER 1 HOUR BATHE EACH DAY.

Opinions please....20180529_165514.jpg20180529_165159.jpg20180529_165701.jpg20180529_165227.jpg20180529_165350.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Possible stones he's eaten. I would soak him every day for about a week or two. Sounds like it may not have been fed or hydrated properly. Poops will be bigger eventually.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Possible stones he's eaten. I would soak him every day for about a week or two. Sounds like it may not have been fed or hydrated properly. Poops will be bigger eventually.
I adopted from a nice couple on this forum, I just didn't wanna worry them texting them 2 days later saying hey it's pooping rocks out lol. I just wanted to know if this required a vet. I know He didn't eat rocks here. He got new substrate and a brand new cuddle bone. New temporary 50 gallon tub. It ate about half a thumb size from the cuddle bone. That's why i thought it might be cuddle bone. I will inspect every poop from now on.

Im gonna take his poop to get tested for parasites in about 2 weeks. He's in quarantine from my 3 month old. Im gonna call vet tomorrow and ask if I should take sample daily or just most recent.

I was just hoping somebody would say O those are cuddle bone poops lol. Im worried it might be dehydration rocks.

20180529_172933.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's too hard to tell. They are small enough that they passed, that's good. I think if you keep him hydrated give him room to move a lot when soaking, things will move through and be fine.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Today he pooped white little rocks again. It's like the 5th day I have him, he's been getting 1 hour baths each day. Getting worried 20180530_163941.jpg20180530_163957.jpg

daniellenc

Maryland
If he’s passing them that’s good keep up the soaks, offer food with high water content like aloe, cactus, cucumber, and romaine yes I know these aren’t good staple foods but the will help internally hydrate and keep things moving.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
What's that?
You're saying like place a rock necklace in there? Im confused... I hope she ate rocks, I've had him less than a week. She didn't eat rocks here. Indoor enclosure and outdoor enclosure both new substrate.

Eating rocks may be due to a deficiency in some minerals in a tortoises diet. Miner-all can help with that.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I just adopted an 8 month old sulcata about 3 days ago. Today when I gave him bath he pooped after 20 min, I changed water and after 10 min he pooped again and I seen these rocks floating.

This is her 3rd poop I seen her take and other 2 looked healthy, just lack of fiber. Only thing I noticed is that the 8 month old poop wasn't that much bigger than the poops of my 3 month old.

This tort way bigger so I thought poops would be bigger. Nope just a little bit bigger

Do you guy's think these are calcium poop from her cuddle bone ? But I've only had it 3 days, not sure if previous owner Fed cuddle bone. Also I broke big black peice in half, looks like compressed poop or maybe even substrate

Maybe rocks it ate at previous owners?

IM WORRIED THIS CAN BE THOSE STONES THAT THEY GET FROM DEHYDRATION. I'VE HAD HER 3 DAYS AND GAVE HER 1 HOUR BATHE EACH DAY.

Opinions please....View attachment 240245View attachment 240246View attachment 240247View attachment 240248View attachment 240249

As long as what went in is coming out....all okay....no way to know for sure if rocks or urates....regardless, good exiting is happening....I would continue to soak and not worry....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I gotta name him, I feel bipolar! I keep switching from he to she when talking about him lol

How bout, "The Rock"...get it...lol...okay, corny I know...but what the hell....I have a Redfoot named Big Worm (after the movie Friday and also due to a surprise critter it left for me when it first got here) :)