8 Month Old, Rocks in Poop?

Tank & Scooter

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Ok guys I think I got Rocky Saturday, today is Thursday and my third day examining poop. He normally takes 1or2 poops per hour bath. Today I found way less white rocks, only 1. Plus a big black one that looks like substrate. I broke it in half with my bare fingers, that's how you know im dedicated[emoji115]

This was 20 min into his 1 hour bath so I'll wait on next poop. Hopefully no white rocks.

Ps I think he walked over his poop. He does lay solid pops
20180531_154203.jpg20180531_154230.jpg

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
there should be a warning label on threads that show pictures of poop!
You see the one with the stone stuck in the rectum? That post has me traumatised. I think about it constantly, when I bathe them, take them outside, I even think about it when I go to the restroom[emoji23]

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The Russian character I THINK was named DRAGO. "If he dies, he dies"
I've seen small stones get passed weeks after they could have been eaten by my Redfoot. They will eat them two ways: Sometimes they will eat them by accident if the food is placed in/on the substrate and they substrate contains stones. And they will intentionally eat small stone and rocks if they feel the need to do so because of a mineral imbalance.
It looks like they take a while to get passed because they don't speed through the digestive tract like the softer stuff.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
The Russian character I THINK was named DRAGO. "If he dies, he dies"
I've seen small stones get passed weeks after they could have been eaten by my Redfoot. They will eat them two ways: Sometimes they will eat them by accident if the food is placed in/on the substrate and they substrate contains stones. And they will intentionally eat small stone and rocks if they feel the need to do so because of a mineral imbalance.
It looks like they take a while to get passed because they don't speed through the digestive tract like the softer stuff.
I think today 4th day examining poop. He been in his hour bath for about 20 min and took a poop, this time it came out with 2 tiny rocks and a giant peice of substrate. It was like repti bark, peice of wood about 1/3 of an inch. I got no idea how he passed that. I change water and waiting to see if it poop again. You know what, I haven't even checked his rectum, after shower im gonna do close examination.

One think to note, all rocks look the same, try look like tiny little white rice, they shaped randomly, but look like rice

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Another thing, Rockys poop smells nasty. My 3 month old sulcata poops don't smell. Rocky is 8 months old. Does poop smell worse as they get bigger? Or you think poop smells because he's sick?

I know it's a dumb question asking why does his poop smell lol but it's concerning. Yes I know all poop smells lol

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Another thing, Rockys poop smells nasty. My 3 month old sulcata poops don't smell. Rocky is 8 months old. Does poop smell worse as they get bigger? Or you think poop smells because he's sick?

I know it's a dumb question asking why does his poop smell lol but it's concerning. Yes I know all poop smells lol
Charlie's smells a lot like cows. The smell depends on what they eat. If something is sitting in his gut, rotting, it could smell worse. Maybe he is constipated.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Charlie's smells a lot like cows. The smell depends on what they eat. If something is sitting in his gut, rotting, it could smell worse. Maybe he is constipated.
Naw he's pooping, just a little stinky. Well then again I am putting my face right in the poop to inspect it[emoji23]

I went to check his rectum right now becuase he pooped a big peice of wood, but I couldn't see nothing with his fat tail lol. Sulcatas remind me of this 1990s cartoon called Dinsouares for some reason. 20180601_152444.jpgDinosaurs-Baby-Sinclair.jpg1.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Update on Rocky
Looking good. I think i got him 8 days ago and today is like 6th day examining poop. Today was his first day without little rocks in pee or poop.

This was his second poop into his 1 hour bath today. NO ROCKS! [emoji108]
Poop was a bit small but he did eat less last 2 days.

Ps those little particle are just dried zoomed food that stuck to their shell20180603_145942.jpg20180603_150408.jpg20180602_151653.jpg