8 month old Sulcata not eating and not a lot of energy :(

BUDDAH Mendiola

My 8 month old Sulcata tortoise is not eating and isnt moving very much. I believe he might be constipated. I started soaking him for 30 mins today, but only white stuff is coming out. Is there something I should do besides soaking him? Also what should I watch out for? It's been a few days.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Be sure to soak him in a large container, the movement to try and get out and the warm water helps a lot. Soak for an hour. Also you can feed water things like cucumber and head lettuce, not as part of a regular diet but for hydration. Also, what is the set up you have for him? Temps, basking temp, humidity, substrate, diet, etc?

jptv

Soak in warm water for 30min to 1hour. Don't feed him today. Tomorrow he will be actively looking for food and will have good appetite. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I'm wondering what made you latch on to the constipated theory?

The most common reason tortoises aren't eating is because they aren't warm enough. Maybe if you post pictures of the tortoise habitat, including the lights, and with the tortoise in the habitat in the pictures, we will be able to give you better help. It helps us to help you when we can see how the tortoise lives.

What do you feed him?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My 8 month old Sulcata tortoise is not eating and isnt moving very much. I believe he might be constipated. I started soaking him for 30 mins today, but only white stuff is coming out. Is there something I should do besides soaking him? Also what should I watch out for? It's been a few days.

Hello and welcome.

We need more info to help...