8 New Babies from TOM! AKA The Bond Girls (maybe)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
A little side note! The runt of this group is the same size at 1.5 months that IT-2 was at 6 months! The 'runt' is at about 8 o'clock in the group feed shot at the top of the previous post! ;)

Here's an adjusted photo! :p
runt.JPG

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom and I went down to hang out with the 8s' parents today! Pops is on the right...about 90 pounds! Moms is about 60 pounds!
DSC_0491.JPG

A magnificent fellow he is !
DSC_0495.JPG
...and very outgoing and personable...the tortoise...not the human :p @keepergale does the t-shirt look familiar? Mine is still in pristine condition!DSC_0507.JPG

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Spending so much time with the ITs that I'm not giving the 8s as much attention! But they are thriving! They are ranging from 2.49" to 2.78" and with the exception of the runt (58 grams)...they are all between 62 and 79 grams! @Tom ...an update on yours would be nice! ;)

This be the largest...
DSC_0102 (3).JPG

This be the runt!
DSC_0010 (4).JPG

Just to shake things up little...this fellow let one go that was literally half his length! 1.25":2.5"
DSC_0003 (6).JPG
DSC_0001 (6).JPG

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
As we are experiencing a perfect tropical day here in the high desert...80ºF and 65% humidity (that's tropical around here)...the 8s are experiencing their first REAL rain! Here are a few shots of them enjoying their grub...note the rain drops on the concrete!
CSC_0009.JPG CSC_0010.JPG CSC_0011.JPG CSC_0013.JPG CSC_0014.JPG

YAY! Early siting of a baby mushface!
CSC_0012.JPG

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Two months ago today...the first of the 8s hatched out! @Tom They are doing wonderfully! They range in length from 2.51" to 2.823" and are between 61 and 82 grams...with most in the mid-70s! Here's a look at this morning's nonsense...
DSC_0097.JPG DSC_0099.JPG DSC_0096.JPG DSC_0100.JPG DSC_0101.JPG DSC_0107.JPG DSC_0109.JPG DSC_0110.JPG DSC_0128.JPG

Myroli

Myroli

1/2 cup of ground alfalfa hay mixed into 2 cups of Mazuri Tortoise Diet!
And they like that? I'm trying to find a way to get my baby sully to eat the Mazuri, I've tried mixing it with the Zoomed grassland tortoise food, pumpkin, and sugar free apple juice, but he refuses to eat it, he's still gaining a bit of weight(it keeps going up and then dropping a bit)but size wise he's still about 2.5 inches

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
And they like that? I'm trying to find a way to get my baby sully to eat the Mazuri, I've tried mixing it with the Zoomed grassland tortoise food, pumpkin, and sugar free apple juice, but he refuses to eat it, he's still gaining a bit of weight(it keeps going up and then dropping a bit)but size wise he's still about 2.5 inches
Keep it as natural as possible! NEVER offer fruit of any kind...excpet for the once-a-year watermelon. ;) Definitely no juice! I've evolved my Mazuri usage back to basics...Mazuri and hay...and I almost always go for the alfalfa. Check out these two links...this is what I did once upon a time ago!

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tortoise-meatballs.39021/

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tortoise-lasagne.19944/

Myroli

Keep it as natural as possible! NEVER offer fruit of any kind...excpet for the once-a-year watermelon. ;) Definitely no juice! I've evolved my Mazuri usage back to basics...Mazuri and hay...and I almost always go for the alfalfa. Check out these two links...this is what I did once upon a time ago!

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tortoise-meatballs.39021/

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tortoise-lasagne.19944/
I don't give him fruit, since he won't eat the Mazuri he just gets grasses/weeds from my yard and collard/mustard/turnip greens mix mainly just mixed with his weekly calcium supplement but sometimes he gets the greens mix and grass/weeds on the other days, I only tried the apple juice once because a sully breeder near me suggested it